Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shooting at another US Uni

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
it doesnt matter because its their GODDAM RIGHT to keep and bear arms. this is absolutly essential to protect them from any attempts to subjugate them by the King of England. they apparently haven't noticed yet that this is not very likly. But then this is a nation where a substantial number believe in the literal truth of the story of creation, so what hope is there?

What ! You wait to Charles gets the top job, we`ll be back and up and at them.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The right to bear arms is a hugely damaging policy, no question I agree. Not sure the parents who will be identifying the corpse of their son/daughter tonight quite "deserve what they get" though.
The right to bear arms is a bit of a red herring though. A Swiss colleague once told me that in Switzerland not only does everyone have a right to possess a gun but virtually all houses have them as chances are a member of the Swiss armed forces lives there. National service is ongoing in Switzerland over a period of years. Don't see shootouts in shopping malls and college campuses every month over there now, do you?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I may be wrong but I'm sure after one such incident a few years ago a debate on the news about the right to bear arms revealed that in actual fact the original right to bear arms was subject to something along the lines of every citizen having the right to bear arms only as a memeber of a government sanctioned militia. The Americans apparently took this as they saw fit and everyone grabbed a piece!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The right to bear arms is a bit of a red herring though. A Swiss colleague once told me that in Switzerland not only does everyone have a right to possess a gun but virtually all houses have them as chances are a member of the Swiss armed forces lives there. National service is ongoing in Switzerland over a period of years. Don't see shootouts in shopping malls and college campuses every month over there now, do you?

There is one crucial difference that you are not taking into account though.
The swiss are not a nation of gun-obsessed goons led by a dimwitted southern hick who think they are playing out their lives as part of some kind of box-office blockbuster.

Even dear old Blatter has sounded quite sensible lately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here