Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Shoegaze Tuesdays

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not one of JAMC's most shoe gazey tunes for sure, but any excuse - however flimsy - will do to play THIS most stunning of stunning things :bowdown:

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Mr Land here is a friend of mine and former bassist for the band Enigineers. Support your shoegazers...

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Autolux are a pretty good band who were shoegaze influenced, although half their songs veer towards a more noisy, Sonic Youth direction, which is nice too.

Flex Your Head

If you'll allow me to do a wee bit of name-dropping, my mate Ajay gave me a call when I was still living in Telscombe Cliffs back in the early 90s and asked if he and his girlfriend could sleepover at mine that night as they would be in Brighton for the day. No probs. When he arrived, his girlfiend turned out to be Bilinda MBV. Which was nice.
Ajay asked me to put some tunes on, and I have NEVER selected a playlist so carefully and so self-consciously!

Anyway, last thing at night, before heading off to bed, I asked what they both thought of Teenage Filmstars (Ed Ball ex TV Personalities, The Times etc). Neither of them had heard anything so I played the Star LP which is... well, let's just say Bilinda commented "we would sue for royalties if he wasn't such a nice bloke!"

Great album!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jul 20, 2003

On the (very unlikely) off chance that you haven't heard it The Pieter Nooten and Michael Brook album, 'Sleeps With The Fishes' has reworks a couple of the top pop hits from 'Medusa' along with a selection of other party bangers and right up there my amongst my favourite 4AD albums, probably top 5 ... which is a bold statement.

here's one of the 'Medusa' tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YdMHt0xNEM&ab_channel=ClaphamJunction

and here's another one taken at random

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjEOBqAJRQA&ab_channel=ClaphamJunction

wouldn't call it shoegaze though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here