Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoe thrower beaten to a pulp

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:nono::nono:

The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody.

Muntadar al-Zaidi has suffered a broken hand, broken ribs and internal bleeding, as well as an eye injury, his older brother, Dargham, told the BBC.

Mr Zaidi threw his shoes at Mr Bush at a news conference, calling him "a dog".

The BBC tried to contact Iraq's top security official but he was not available for comment.

Meanwhile, offers to buy the shoes are being made around the Arab world, reports say.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you throw shoes at the President you should expect a shoeing back.

Personally, it's not something I would do, or advise anyone else doing.

Just think 10 years if he had done that to Saddam, his treatment and torture would have been very scary indeed, his family murdered, his village destoyed!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's what happens when you don't use Odour Eaters.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This story is according to his brother and mother. I have to wonder whether they have actually spoken to him or had any contact at all since the event.

If he has been beaten, it is discusting.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What does he expect?! f***ing stupid thing to do in the first place.

In this day and age, an Iraqi man throws something at the PRESIDENT of the United States.. you expect that to be okay?

f***ing bleeding heart liberals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

In this day and age, an Iraqi man throws something at the PRESIDENT of the United States.. you expect that to be okay?

The guy had pure BALLS to do that, and has the respect of millions in the Arab world who only wish they'd been in a position to do the same. Bush got off lighter than he ever deserved. Blair deserves the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe a career in politics beckons ? He would be a "shoe-in " for a post in government....

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The guy had pure BALLS to do that, and has the respect of millions in the Arab world who only wish they'd been in a position to do the same. Bush got off lighter than he ever deserved. Blair deserves the same.

f*** me. The ARAB world. You just said it yourself. What bollocks.

What happens in a court of law happens - if they find the Iraq war to be illegal, and Bush and Blair are prosecuted, then that would be justice.

THROWING THINGS at world leaders is just plain STUPID.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Seeing as he illegaly invaded their country, murdered thousands of innocent civilains, kidnapped and tortured countless hundreds, sent British people off to die and lied to the world I would say he got off lightly wouldn't you?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
On one hand I agree, on the other hand, I would love to catapult a couple of anvils at Robert Mugabe!

But then surely you'd expect a kicking from his henchmen? That's what has happened here, and if it happened TO an Iraqi BY a Brit or American, we'd get exactly the same or worse back. He shouldn't have f***ing done it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Seeing as he illegaly invaded their country, murdered thousands of innocent civilains, kidnapped and tortured countless hundreds, sent British people off to die and lied to the world I would say he got off lightly wouldn't you?

What happens in a court of law happens - if they find the Iraq war to be illegal, and Bush and Blair are prosecuted, then that would be justice.

Hope this helps.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Right so in your mind it only works one way does it? This shoe thrower deserves to be judged before trial but Bush doesn't even though he admitted lying? Unbelievable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
f*** me. The ARAB world. You just said it yourself. What bollocks.

The journalist delivered what is considered a grievous insult in the Arab World. And rightly so. Legitimate protest against the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq. Achieved more than a million people protesting in London on the eve of the invasion ever did. These million people will have cheered the guy on :clap2:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
in Iraq, throwing shoes at someone is about the worst insult you can use against a person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here