Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shocking Comments on Liverpool Forum

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Weren't many of the predictions on here v Millwall around the 3-0 mark? Is that arrogant too?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't read any more of that forum, they are far to nice about us!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A nice rendition of we are your bogey side would be good. Its true and tounge in cheek. If we manage to silence them for a while then 6000 singing You'll never walk alone with scarves aloft followed by seagullsssss would be very effective.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
As the coach drives through Toxteth after an Albion win, duck as the bricks come flying through the windows.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As the coach drives through Toxteth after an Albion win, duck as the bricks come flying through the windows.

If the coach was driving through Toxteth then I'm afraid it would have badly lost is way. Toxteth is nowhere near Anfield.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree, Anfield is full of tourists with cameras these days.
It's a shame that the old-time feel of grounds like Anfield have gone a little, Old Trafford is the same. Much of the atmosphere at Liverpool was destroyed when the old Kop was rebuilt in 1994. The 'real' Kop could hold around 30000 fans at one time and was as has been mentioned, truly amazing. We won't see anything like that again in this country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a shame that the old-time feel of grounds like Anfield have gone a little, Old Trafford is the same. Much of the atmosphere at Liverpool was destroyed when the old Kop was rebuilt in 1994. The 'real' Kop could hold around 30000 fans at one time and was as has been mentioned, truly amazing. We won't see anything like that again in this country.
Even when it was full and terracing, The Kop left me underwhelmed. The Kop at Hillsborough was always miles bigger and better, but obviously didn't have "those marvellous European nights" or a world beating team so that they could be considered to "suck the ball into the net". However, I've been to Hillsborough for a (what is now) Championship game against Oldham with 38,000 in the ground and the atmosphere was amazing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That was then, this is now. Can you really see us beating Liverpool at their place, honestly?
3-0 is being conservative from them imo.
It depends what team they put out. If Dalglish does what Poyet did on Tuesday, they might get a nasty shock.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If I were an LFC fan I'd be expecting a win. If we were facing Bournemouth we'd be saying the same things. Not arrogance, just real expectation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Even when it was full and terracing, The Kop left me underwhelmed. The Kop at Hillsborough was always miles bigger and better, but obviously didn't have "those marvellous European nights" or a world beating team so that they could be considered to "suck the ball into the net". However, I've been to Hillsborough for a (what is now) Championship game against Oldham with 38,000 in the ground and the atmosphere was amazing.

Fair enough. But atmosphere depends upon the occasion, perhaps you hit a poor match etc. Personally i loved the old North Stand, even though it was tiny compared to the two Kop's mentioned, the atmosphere standing was IMO incomparable to the feeling you get now. Times have changed though and I'm extremely happy about the Amex anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here