Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shock Swan Inn car park decision!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh dear what a shame..maybe they can use Mrs cuttress's front garden..im sure she wouldn't mind as its for the village and all that

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
such a shame :D

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Why can't he put the car park at Sheepcote Valley. Bloody trying to destroy Falmer village.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Anyway why would you want a car park at a drinking establshment. Isnt that just ecouraging people to break the law

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've just looked up my original complaint. It said something along the lines of... "an increase in drink driving which is likely to lead to more COLLISIONS with members of the local BAT community"

I used CAPITALS as well. I can't believe they've FALLEN for it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I've just looked up my original complaint. It said something along the lines of... "an increase in drink driving which is likely to lead to more COLLISIONS with members of the local BAT community"

I used CAPITALS as well. I can't believe they've FALLEN for it.

Perhaps Easy 10 has now started work in LDC planning department. Cant wait to see their press releases and decision letters!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can I just clarify this amusing tale (and I guess for the benefit of anybody who doesn't understand the animosity)?

The landlord of The Swan has vociferously opposed Falmer on some very flaky grounds - apparently the village will be ruined by the stadium (although building a dual carriageway through the middle, as well as two hideous university buildings has presumably previously only served to enhance it's charm)
A while back, somebody found out that The Swan was applying for planning permission to build a large car park.
NSC swung into action, writing letters of objection at this request
The result of which is that permission has been REFUSED (in captial letters)

If I have got this right, then that is an absolutely wonderful tale. And it is a tale that hasn't reached its conclusion until that car park is built. Seven years late, at a total cost of hundreds of thousands of pounds of the landlord's own money.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
We don't know if it was simply the objections that swayed the decision. I'm not even sure if the decision was taken by councillors or, as seems more likely, by officers.

I haven't seen the decision letter (which gives the reasons) because I don't live anywhere near Lewes and can't go into the district council offices to have a look. It could have been other considerations. It's rare for officers to knock down an application down simply because of the sheer weight of objections. They normally hand it over to elected councillors in that case.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Capt H is thinking of getting his local council to pump thousands of pounds into continuing the brave fight against this huge bully-boy pub. They say it's 'only a carpark' but just watch! By the end of the decade there'll be a ten-lane motorway with roadside hotels spoiling the tranquility.:rant:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
What a brilliantly funny thread. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here