Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SHOCK NEWS! - Booker returns!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I've yet to see any anti's actually give a justified reason why Booker SHOULDN'T come back.

Funny that. :rolleyes:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Memories :)

Last Updated: Sunday, 12 October, 2003, 13:52 GMT 14:52 UK

Booker hails Brighton
Caretaker boss Bob Booker savoured Brighton's 3-0 victory over Grimsby, which took them to the top of the Second Division.

The win was a major boost for Albion, who placed Booker in charge following the departure of Steve Coppell.

"Being top is a nice position for us to be in and everyone will want to beat us," said Booker.

"How things go from here is a matter for the board, but a win and another clean sheet is very pleasing."

Oct 25, 2003
well, why was he sacked?

i actually thought it was harsh to sack him

he was clearly a good assistant, which would explain why not one of adams, taylor, coppell and mcghee thought it necessary to replace him

he was also assistant for 3 promotion campaigns

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
i actually thought it was harsh to sack him

he was clearly a good assistant, which would explain why not one of adams, taylor, coppell and mcghee thought it necessary to replace him

he was also assistant for 3 promotion campaigns

Wasn't it part of the deal of those 3 getting the job that they had to keep Booker on ?
Also assistant for the relegations too

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
As he's in charge of the youth/reserve I dont think it matters two hoots that he's back. He obviously has great experience, has his coaching badges to UEFA standards so he knows what he's doing.
If he came back as Assistant Manager then i'd raise an eyebrow, but he has'nt so the appointment is alright with me...and thats all that matters :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think what barney is fishing for is the fact that Booker left because he was utter shit as a manager. theres your reason, Withdean Wanderer and its looking increasinglike trying to recreate the past. good coach though so hopfully not all bad, we'll see.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It would only be a backward move if Adams had a coach foisted on him. He has selected someone he wants to work with and someone that knows the club well, so it is surely a positive step.

Oct 25, 2003
Wasn't it part of the deal of those 3 getting the job that they had to keep Booker on ?
Also assistant for the relegations too

when they were initially appointed yes, knight wanted to keep the infrastructure intact, but i doubt that meant they couldn't EVER replace him (although taylor wasn't really there long enough)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here