Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shittest weekend ever?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hey, at least this thread has taken people's minds of that shower you all watched yesterday.

My weekend wasn't all bad. I had to play football yesterday, and we won (and I was player of the match, natch).

Unfortunately all my Saturdays are now booked off until Christmas, so I'll have to go and watch the crappy Albion again :( ;)

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Les, maybe it's not all her fault. The temporary home can't help, neither can the lack of funds. She's given you three good years, including that week-end in Cardiff. If you dump her, you might go the next four week-ends without getting anything out of them. Who would you get to replace her? You could promote the au pair, but she hasn't got a track record.

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Stinkers Bridge said:
...I suggest popping some Phil Collins on the jukebox, sit back and enjoy a cold lager beer. ...

My God, man. Are you trying to push him over the edge? Have you no compassion?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Billy the Fish said:
But you're married. There's a world of difference between that and going out with someone when you're still relatively young.
If you think she's going to finish it then get in there first I say, but spin it so that you're doing it for her sake. At least you keep your dignety

All the more reason - if I got laid off work before I was married - as a single girl I'd be spending as much time with my Zef as possible...

Certain acitivites (often nocturnal) do have a habit of helping things to fix themselves, at least it takes your mind off them for a while ;) :lol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Deed done people. It is now time for Leslie to move on.

To be honest Unc I'm not sure I was in any fit state to be going for drinks. I was a little on the pissed off side. Still any other time though, sinclairs is mint.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think, in general, that anyone with personal mental issues to deal with just hasn't the time or lust for a partner with their misery too. Fair enough, i say. Not her choice to be unhappy.
You need to just take care of yourself though. No point trying to rest with magic eyes staring at some bloody future.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
S...s....sudio.

There.

Don't you feel better already?

Note to young Swiss women (apologies Mrs Merton): what first attracted you to the sweaty, short, balding millionaire Phil Collins?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:
I think, in general, that anyone with personal mental issues to deal with just hasn't the time or lust for a partner with their misery too. Fair enough, i say. Not her choice to be unhappy.
You need to just take care of yourself though. No point trying to rest with magic eyes staring at some bloody future.

Spot on. I wanted to talk to her about her problems but she didn't want to discuss them. So time to move on.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
edna krabappel said:
S...s....sudio.

There.

I moved into a sudio on Saturday. It's slightly grubby like an old woman's hair, all blue with unpoisoned ants reluctant to crawl amongst it's vines.
I had to meet an Inventorer when i arrived. She had keys was called Donna. I entered the apartment and she talked on tape for an hour recording every sour she could spot on glass, carpet and mantle to assure in however many months its wasn't me who wetly clawed this habitat.
I can;t imagine a more boring speciality. I had to sit in silence not to scrape her recording. Afterwards i unpacked and thought of what could be. Nice.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Les Biehn said:
Spot on. I wanted to talk to her about her problems but she didn't want to discuss them. So time to move on.

Good work, now go and get drunk as a skunk, have a rotten hangover for a few days - then begin life again...

Clean out your wardrobe and your house whilst your at it - all out all change - makes you feel better!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
Les you were in Manchester on Saturday, you should have said. Spent a bit of time in Sinclairs, via Leeds, Hebden Bridge and Rochadale.

And Eaton failed to find me.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Uncle Buck said:
We were struggling to remember our names.

The fact we got back to Leeds in the evening was an achievement....

Did you make it any further?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here