Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SHITTEST specator sport in the world

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Easy: Formula One. It's televised traffic for geeks beyond redemption.

How anyone can mention the pure televisual drama of weightlifting in this thread is quite beyond me - the sleazy old chain-smoking bequiffed Bulgarian coaches are more than worth the admission fee alone. Seriously, that's my favourite summer olympic sport to watch.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When I was a kid, on grandstand they used to have " Hill climbing"

This involved people in cars that looked like old Morgans with the co driver bouncing up and down on the back of the car and trying to get up an hill without the car toppling over....they also had army trucks doing it....pointless but brilliant

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dave the Gaffer said:
When I was a kid, on grandstand they used to have " Hill climbing"

This involved people in cars that looked like old Morgans with the co driver bouncing up and down on the back of the car and trying to get up an hill without the car toppling over....they also had army trucks doing it....pointless but brilliant

Still do it now! Twas on Men and Motors a few weeks back...some husband and wife team with the wife hanging out over the door to try and keep the car level, and then she had to bounce up and down to get some grip when the going got muddy!! hilarious!! :lol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Weightlifting is the greatest part of the hairdolympics. There is rarely a human style on display, and each face, the bloody eyes, the grimace, the rememberance of a naughty aunt who perished while he pumped her in a kitchen, carries the history of a nation and the hollow might of empty lives. Wonderful acting, i think.

I would most worry if i had to watch the shooting in the Young Gay Turd Eaters commonwealth games. Not boring, but mouthy shit-splats on innocent strangers' bodies would have me switching over in round 5.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
By spectator do you mean actually being there?

If so then the Tour De France, when it was over here last time, loads of hype then within about 20 seconds every rider had gone past. At least with motor racing you've only got to wait until them come round again.

Watching Tubby Mondays and Stinkers Bridge play darts is also pretty dull but at least there is beer!

darts. end of.

"one hundred and aaaeighty" is about the most exciting part, after all the whispering about what the beerbellied thrower eats for breakfast and what his favourite number is.
IT'S A FAT TWAT WITH NO LIFE WHO CAN'T GET GIRLS OR RESPECT, AND IT CAN'T BE A SPORT IF YOU CAN BE 300 POUNDS OF LARD AND DO IT

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some terrible nominations, including golf and darts, fine TV sports.

The correct answer is of course the dressage day in three-day eventing. Complete wank, prancing around with no purpose. A bit like Frank Lampard for England.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tooting Gull said:
Some terrible nominations, including golf and darts, fine TV sports.

The correct answer is of course the dressage day in three-day eventing. Complete wank, prancing around with no purpose. A bit like Frank Lampard for England.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What about Swimming? If anything in the world is more pointless than that, I havent seen it

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
That kind of cycling where they go round a track really really slowly for about 30 laps, almost falling off because they're practically stationary looking at each other and trying to persuade someone else to go first.

Then suddenly everyone pedals like a fricking lunatic for the last quarter lap, usually either falling off or crashing into each other.

What's that all about?

bhafc99 said:
That kind of cycling where they go round a track really really slowly for about 30 laps, almost falling off because they're practically stationary looking at each other and trying to persuade someone else to go first.

Then suddenly everyone pedals like a fricking lunatic for the last quarter lap, usually either falling off or crashing into each other.

What's that all about?

I haven't seen THAT - but it sounds BRILLIANT!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think horse and greyhound racing, of itself, is very boring. Watch the same race with your hard-earned on the one in front, different story.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tooting Gull said:
I think horse and greyhound racing, of itself, is very boring. Watch the same race with your hard-earned on the one in front, different story.

have you ever seen greyhound racing where they put jumps on the track...like steeplechse.

It is one of the funniest things you will ever see.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
bhafc99 said:

What's that all about?
That IS good - they're trying to be second when the bell goes, I think, it looks like (and they never seem to explain it) they're not allowed to stop or put their feet on the ground. What's that mental track race at the end of the Olympics when they have about 50 bikes on the track at the same time? It's like stock car racing for bikes, crashes everywhere.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
have you ever seen greyhound racing where they put jumps on the track...like steeplechse.

It is one of the funniest things you will ever see.

I certainly have, normally pretty good record at Wimbledon but the steeplechase races do tend to upset the form.

And 'jumps' is generous - more upturned paint brushes...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
bhafc99 said:

What's that all about?

That is a brilliant sport - cat and mouse on two 1/4" wheels with 60psi...great to watch - see who makes the first move and whether its too soon, too late....tactics tactics!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here