Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt Contract

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Oh good, we have renewed the Errea contract....

Club Press Release

Brighton & Hove Albion are delighted to announce they have renewed their contract with kit manufacturers Errea for the supply of all the club's playing and training kit.

The club have signed a new three-year deal with the Italian-based company, and Chief Executive Martin Perry said, "We have an excellent relationship with Errea, and we're delighted to have renewed this deal for another three years. The current home shirt will remain unchanged next season as intended. The club shop has plenty of shirts in stock ready for Christmas and we are currently working on designs for a new away strip for next season."

Fabrizio Taddei of Errea added, "We at Errea are delighted to have renewed the contract with Brighton for a further three years. The relationship we have built during the last six seasons has coincided with one of the most successful periods in the club's history and we are very proud to have been part of it. We look forward to the next three seasons and can't wait to be supplying the club at its new home at Falmer."

Errea have been Albion's kit manufacture since 1999, and this existing deal will take them through to the end of the 2007/08 season.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:thud:

Hello Dick, Martin? Anybody home? Did we fail to realise how SHIT they have been in recent years with new strip releases? Hello? Are you there?

And do Errea know something we dont:
"We look forward to the next three seasons and can't wait to be supplying the club at its new home at Falmer."

WE'RE NOT THERE YET DONT JINX IT :angry:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
as far as I can see ,this is the clubs fault with not getting the new kits in stock not Erra,s. BHA wont hand over enough cash up front for kits in advance so only get supplies in small amounts.

It could be worse, at least were not going back to
Super league!!!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
The club shop has plenty of shirts in stock ready for Christmas

Does that mean that I might be able to get a Palookaville shirt in my size after the tiny wait of two months? :nono:

Whoever's responsible, I can only hope they'll sort it out by next year - it seems suicidal to be asking everyone for money on one hand and being unable to provide for people who WANT to spend.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can we have a red away strip next year please?

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
dougdeep said:
Can we have a red away strip next year please? [/QUOT

sod that
we want a nice green and black one.a nice dark green(imagine the red and black,change the red to green,keep the dark shade and you might have an idea of what i want)
give us those and we will sell loads

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Marvellous. Can we have some more strips where the sponsors name starts peeling off after a month. After all, having the name printed on the shirts just didn't work at all well, did it.

Thanks.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well what a crock of crap. They must be selling them piss cheap to the club for them to have agreed to keep them as supplier.

I agree about the red away strip for next season though. The red and white one we had recently was lovely and I'm not a fan of the yellow shirts at all

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bobby's Gull said:
Why can't we have a DECENT BRAND. Even Crowborough Athletic are sponsored by Puma.
and Worthing are Nike!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I fail to see what you people have against errea. The current shirt is a different colour, that's not their fault, the club chose it. As for the Skint logo coming off, well, no one is perfect, take it back to the shop and they'll replace it.

The designs we've had so far have all been pretty cool, and errea are no different from any other manufacturer, except their products are made in the EU, not in a sweatshop in the far east, like Nike etc. Loads of teams use their kit, up and down the leagues and accross Europe.

And regards to availability, there is a good reason why we have stuck with Skint on the shirt, because it tells another story about our plight recently, we are Skint. If Errea won't release more shirts till we've paid for the last batch you can't blame them, why should they trust The Albion to pay up when we have no money. (Please note, this is assuming that the comment made by Mr Popkins is correct)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I quite like most of the Errea kits and the have been good. Could do with a return to a decent shade of blue for the next home shirt though...Perhaps maybe it will sell well then.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Superphil said:
As for the Skint logo coming off, well, no one is perfect, take it back to the shop and they'll replace it.
Have to be honest, this is my MAIN GRIPE with the shirt, and the bottom line is, its this which has stopped me buying one. The colours ok (ish), the designs alright, but that iron-on sticky label is, frankly, shite. If I'm paying £40 for a shirt, I don't expect to have to put up with a shoddy sticker on the front thats going to come off, whether they'll replace it or not. We KNEW we were still being sponsored by Skint because the deal was renewed before we changed the strip. So why wasn't the sponsor printed on and incorporated properly into the design of the shirt as it was with all the previous Errea shirts ?

Life goes on and all that, its not that big a deal. But its £40 the club would have had off me that they're not getting, and I'm probably not the only one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here