Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shipperley FREE agent

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Where do we get the money for a decent wage? Ask the Blooms? They may not approve of the purchase.

Been available for at least two years according to our leader hasn't it??

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
seagully said:
No, he is a fat Palace twat

Good point well made mate, i mean why sign a bloke who would score goals for fun in League 1 and help your team immensely because he played for Palace!

Best to go and get a Lewes FC striker at least he hasn't been tainted eh?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
London Irish said:
Dick Knight was quoted extensively as saying he wanted him less than a year ago, the problem was that Warnock would not let him go. I think he is a player Knight would take a risk on, so I'd assume we are on the case.

You are wrong on this......warnock allowed us to talk to the player....he didnt want to come as he had a chance to play in the premiershite....

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think that when dick said 150 he meant 1.50 pence which should just about cover a cup of tea
for the record wheres the Kazim money gone and where will the w.ham money disappear too...Then the season ticket renewals will be sent out the end of jan probably more expensive than this year and we could be playing L2 .

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
One thing that nobody has mentioned is that Shipperley may not want to move from the area he is living in. As players hit their 30s they tend to start settling in areas because they have kids and are a bit reluctant to move to another area of the country.

This actually worked in our favour recently with Simon Morgan and Jason Dodd but works against us when players are in the Midlands or up north. If Shipperley wants to stay in Yorkshire it gives the Doncasters, Chesterfields and Rotherhams of this world an advantage over us.

Yes footballers should be prepared to move anywhere but when you only have a couple more years left I'd imagine location plays as good a part as any in the choices they make.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Icy Gull said:
With all due respect I think that's bollocks, how did Colchester attract so many good players with an equally shit ground last season.

Unfortunately for some that argument just wont cut it...

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Theatre of Trees said:
One thing that nobody has mentioned is that Shipperley may not want to move from the area he is living in. As players hit their 30s they tend to start settling in areas because they have kids and are a bit reluctant to move to another area of the country.

I believe he does still have a house in londinium as his family didnt move up north as he didnt want the kids changing schools

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Good point well made mate, i mean why sign a bloke who would score goals for fun in League 1 and help your team immensely because he played for Palace!

Best to go and get a Lewes FC striker at least he hasn't been tainted eh?

Absolutely right.

Why relish the prospect of getting a proven striker, the big target man we've needed for 18 months, when there is the opportunity to get back into the whole Dick Tight routine again.

:yawn:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ah yes, the Shipperley thing, we've kind of been here before. They say there's no smoke without fire - well, this one's been smoking a while.

"Shipperley
has been released by palace

SIGN HIM NOW DICK TIGHT"

A post from....DTG. On 17th June 2004. And there have been plenty since.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dear Editor,
I have just seen the first Shipperley thread of Spring. Is this a record?

Yours Sincerely

Mr. T Hark
The Old Rectory
Preston Park

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He had his contract paid up so hes not short of a penny.
Offer him 2k a week till the end of the season and see how it goes.

My guess is a championship side will make an offer though to be honest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here