Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shell Petrol Stations

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Exactly, my car has been tuned and mapped for 98 RON.

What's the point of doing things like this, unless you put in for competitive racing? Genuine question from someone who knows very little on the subject.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You have Beorhthelm and Alex, Alex Dawson giving completely different views as to thr origination of the fuel at supermarket pumps so how does an outsider with no knowledge whatsoever decide which is in his best interests.

i think its the same on the supermarket fuel: they take any old rubbish served up to them as long as its cheap. just like they probably dont care about the wheat going into thier bread while Hovis do.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
What's the point of doing things like this, unless you put in for competitive racing? Genuine question from someone who knows very little on the subject.

Just a hobby really, I don't drive like a bell end on the roads but I enjoy performance cars, same reason we all pay money to watch grown men kick a ball about.

I hardly use the power my car has on the road, but I can't think of anything more dull than driving a sewing machine powered shoebox.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just a hobby really, I don't drive like a bell end on the roads but I enjoy performance cars, same reason we all pay money to watch grown men kick a ball about.

I hardly use the power my car has on the road, but I can't think of anything more dull than driving a sewing machine powered shoebox.

Fairy Nuff.

i think its the same on the supermarket fuel: they take any old rubbish served up to them as long as its cheap. just like they probably dont care about the wheat going into thier bread while Hovis do.

If it's true about the quality of their fuel (and I believe it is) then how do they get away with charging the same as a local Shell etc. BBHeath Tesco's and infact almost all petrol stations around Horsham are identical with their pricing - sounds fishy to me - cartel anyone?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
(just an excuse to post this really)

Fill your car up with something else then, petrol companies tell public

As public concern rises over the price of a litre of petrol reaching a record £1.20, petrol companies have suggested that maybe consumers would like to fill their cars up with something else, instead.

Despite the price of a barrel of oil being $80 - almost half of its 2008 high - petrol is creeping towards its highest ever price in the UK, prompting accusations of ‘goddamn mother-f***ing daylight robbery’ among petrol companies.

A BP spokesperson explained, “We live in a society of free choice, where you can choose to fill your car up with our petrol, or, if you choose to do so, tap water. It is entirely up to you.”

“That’s the beauty of a capitalist economy, if we weren’t supplying you with a product or service you were really happy with, we’d soon go bust.”

“The price is a reflection of just how happy you must all be with what we do. I can literally sense your smiling faces from here.”

“But there is no need to thank us, we get more than enough thanks in the form of huge salaries, massive bonuses, and the sort of perks that would literally make you vomit.”

Criticism

Critics of the pricing strategy have suggested that the petrol companies are holding the public to ransom in a sort of out of kilter ’steal from the poor and keep for yourself’ Robin Hood way.

“That’s rubbish, we’re not holding you to ransom. It’s your bosses that are doing that. If you chose not to buy our petrol and therefore not drive to work then we’d have one less champagne cocktail - but he’ll fire you.”

“So when you think about it, which is worse, really.”

“Plus, you know, I’m pretty sure high prices help the environment and that. Don’t they?”

(Fill your car up with something else then, petrol companies tell public | newsarse.com)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As public concern rises over the price of a litre of petrol reaching a record £1.20, petrol companies have suggested that maybe consumers would like to fill their cars up with something else, instead.

Despite the price of a barrel of oil being $80 - almost half of its 2008 high - petrol is creeping towards its highest ever price in the UK, prompting accusations of ‘goddamn mother-f***ing daylight robbery’ among petrol companies.

i know its a spoof, but the pump price is somthing like 70% tax, so thats why the price doesnt mirror oil price changes. We accept this every year as they put it up, recently they've taken to putting it up twice a year.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was told to use this fuel 1 in 3 fill ups even in a high performance car, f**k knows why that's what the man said! Didn't make a huge amount of difference in a 6 litre V12 ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here