Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

She'll never understand

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Mine wasn't into football before she met me, but I've turned her. She even wants a replica home shirt.

Do tell, how did you manage that, I'd love my wife to want to be part of the Saturday ritual.

I have actually got her to do a stadium tour which she seemed to enjoy, maybe there is still hope.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
See, I have the opposite problem. A fella who's more of a rugby fan than a football one (although he did look quite impressed when I took him past the Amex the other week).

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My mrs goes halves with her mum for my season ticket, makes sure me and our son have new shirts when they come out, bought me a bha reg for my car. Her mum has booked east stand brasserie for after the barnsley game as it's my mrs' birthday that day and will be mrs first Amex visit. She's great my mrs :bowdown:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
1. Apparently I am like a kid in a sweet shop........she doesn’t understand that there are over 20,000 kids in sweet shops.

I bought a new shirt.................what is wrong with the old one.

Pie and pint....................that’s expensive.

I count the sleeps to the next game.................I am sad apparently.

I'm off now (midday)...................you’re leaving a bit early it doesn’t kick off till 3pm

Anyone else or is it just me (she's on her last warning now).

You're not alone fella, I went to get my shirt, and whilst there grabbed a new scarf and a little fleece type top for my granddaughter. She pipes up with "you could get her a top like that for £3 at Primark, and look at the price of those adult T-shirts, just because they have a little seagull on them" Henceforth I am going to the shop on my own.

She's not bothered about the beer and the pie, which is good as she doesn't have a choice.

As for leaving, she does think I am crackers leaving so early. But then again she said that when we were first together about getting up at 6am to go to away games.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Do tell, how did you manage that, I'd love my wife to want to be part of the Saturday ritual.

I have actually got her to do a stadium tour which she seemed to enjoy, maybe there is still hope.

Is this some sort of joke?

Football is a day out with the lads away from partners, and the rest of the civilized world, its 5/6 hours of total bliss and escapism!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
My mrs goes halves with her mum for my season ticket, makes sure me and our son have new shirts when they come out, bought me a bha reg for my car. Her mum has booked east stand brasserie for after the barnsley game as it's my mrs' birthday that day and will be mrs first Amex visit. She's great my mrs :bowdown:

Do us a favour mate, let me know if you get a divorce, she sounds brilliant. :lol::lol:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
My wife understands what makes me tick which is why I'll be at the game tomorrow instead of enjoying a nice romantic meal on our wedding anniversary.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
1. Apparently I am like a kid in a sweet shop........she doesn’t understand that there are over 20,000 kids in sweet shops.

I bought a new shirt.................what is wrong with the old one.

Pie and pint....................that’s expensive.

I count the sleeps to the next game.................I am sad apparently.

I'm off now (midday)...................you’re leaving a bit early it doesn’t kick off till 3pm

Anyone else or is it just me (she's on her last warning now).

[OK here is another one to underline my point.

I said this morning that i must get to the Gym today as I'm out tonight and my theory is you cant drink beer and eat pies without the excersice....................................she said well you dont have to drink and eat pies, you could take some fruit and eat it at half time......god help me.]

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Is this some sort of joke?

Football is a day out with the lads away from partners, and the rest of the civilized world, its 5/6 hours of total bliss and escapism!

Oh, really?

Maybe us females should just not go anymore. Didn't realise it was just for "lads" only.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Oh, really?

Maybe us females should just not go anymore. Didn't realise it was just for "lads" only.

It is though daffy, its a day away from the mrs, and having a laugh with your mates.

Women should have there own corner of the stand imo.:shootself

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Next, you'll be saying they should have the whole ground...

Oh... ["]No (big) boys allowed: Why are Fenerbahce only allowing women and children watch them play?[/URL]

yeah, there is a ladies team...why not watch them. They could play at a place I know called Withdean. (joke) I love women really, my own more so she rocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here