Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Havent really been keeping up with League One. Were Massive miles clear at the top previously?
Just five games ago they were absolutely nailed on. But Ipswich kept winning and Plymouth haven't blown up despite threatening to do so. They've taken 3 points in 5 games including a loss at Barnsley and little old Forest Green. 🤣🤣🤣

Wait, make that 4 points in 6 games. Rib-tickling stuff.

Last edited:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Just five games ago they were absolutely nailed on. But Ipswich kept winning and Plymouth haven't blown up despite threatening to do so. They've taken 3 points in 5 games including a loss at Barnsley and little old Forest Green. 🤣🤣🤣
The Massive fans will now be charging up their i phones for a crazy light show in the play off games

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's about time Ipswich Town find their way out of there. They don't belong in that league.

Wednesday can stay a little longer. Forever if they wish.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’ve more than got over the disappointment of that play-off semi, but I think that Wednesday are still suffering from the hangover. Their clueless owner took over a fairly stable Championship club and found himself at Wembley after only one full season of moderate investment. That seems to have made him think that reaching the PL would be as simple as digging a bit further into his pocket for big wages and fees, mainly spent on attackers., and they look to have been suffering the after effects of that season of mindlessly throwing money at the wrong areas of the pitch ever since.

Joking aside, they are a relatively big club with a lot of support. If the had had an owner with even half the nous of Bloom take over from Mamdaruc they’d be in the PL today.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Little shout out to Pompey more than likely spending another season in league one?
Pompey's time in league one has been highly entertaining.
I'm somewhat disappointed that they don't look like making a decent run for the playoffs.
My preferred scenarios, which I think they may now have hit all of are:

A long spell in the automatic promotion positions, dropping down into the playoffs at the crucial moment and suffering playoff heartbreak.

A long spell in the playoff positions, a late charge for automatic that only just fails, followed by playoff heartbreak.

A late dash for the playoffs that succeeds thus entering the playoffs with confidence and momentum, but suffering heartbreak.

Looking all set for the playoffs, but somehow missing out due to the only possible permutation of final day results that excludes them.

So yes while I still revel in their misfortune I've been spoiled and anything other than the crying shame of a near miss feels disappointing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ipswich being in League 2 would be amusing.
Seems unlikely at this point unfortunately.
I'd settle for Barnsley just pipping Ipswich on the last day, with Plymouth champions.

Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday though. It's all just lovely. Here's hoping they both f*** it up next season too.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
It is a shame for Darren Moore as they’ll probably sack him.

It is crying shame that we aren’t seeing home grown Black managers succeed.

But incredible that a club could lose only 5 league games all season and not go up.

Just like Conference whereby one of Notts County or Wrexham could miss out.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The run Ipswich are on is incredible.

I’d be surprised if Kieran McKenna wasn’t reasonably high up on Bloom and Barber’s manager contingency list, he’s got a big future.

Plymouth and Ipswich would be a lovely top two, both decent, likable clubs with big fan bases. Especially as it would mean Sheff Wed and Pompey remain in division three!

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The run Ipswich are on is incredible.

I’d be surprised if Kieran McKenna wasn’t reasonably high up on Bloom and Barber’s manager contingency list, he’s got a big future.

Plymouth and Ipswich would be a lovely top two, both decent, likable clubs with big fan bases. Especially as it would mean Sheff Wed and Pompey remain in division three!
Worthing lad Connor Chaplin banging the goals in for Ipswich too

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Pompey's time in league one has been highly entertaining.
I'm somewhat disappointed that they don't look like making a decent run for the playoffs.
My preferred scenarios, which I think they may now have hit all of are:

A long spell in the automatic promotion positions, dropping down into the playoffs at the crucial moment and suffering playoff heartbreak.

A long spell in the playoff positions, a late charge for automatic that only just fails, followed by playoff heartbreak.

A late dash for the playoffs that succeeds thus entering the playoffs with confidence and momentum, but suffering heartbreak.

Looking all set for the playoffs, but somehow missing out due to the only possible permutation of final day results that excludes them.

So yes while I still revel in their misfortune I've been spoiled and anything other than the crying shame of a near miss feels disappointing.
Paragraph 2 doing an Ipswich ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here