Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do the melts on Owlstalk still think we are the 'tinpot' ones?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought Wednesday were absolutely shit tonight. I mean really shit, not just a bit phooey but totally and utterly crap that they get the vote for the worst side at the Amex so far.
Assuming you didn't go the Barnsley game.

Sheffiled Wednesday :lolol:

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
so funny that before the game, according to 'owlstalk' we were a tinpot side no-one had ever heard of. Now after the game, we're a top side looking at a top four finish. hmmmm?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I thought Wednesday were absolutely shit tonight. I mean really shit, not just a bit phooey but totally and utterly crap that they get the vote for the worst side at the Amex so far.
That is a bit harsh....they were'nt good by any means....but way better than Barnsley....they played a containing game till the first goal which was a deflection from there on they were taken apart by a ball playing side who were a joy to watch.....not many teams are going to get points at the Amex this season.

tenerife_blu

Sep 14, 2012
Well done on your 3-0 win against the Owls last night, sounds like by all your comments that it was a great game and you're top of the league at least til 3pm.
What was the attendance?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
That is a bit harsh....they were'nt good by any means....but way better than Barnsley....they played a containing game till the first goal which was a deflection from there on they were taken apart by a ball playing side who were a joy to watch.....not many teams are going to get points at the Amex this season.

A bit more balanced, but we could easily have been two up before we got the slightly lucky first goal. I expected Wednesday to be big and powerful, and quick on the break.....well, they were big, but not much more than that. How many times did Llera just hoof from the back? How many times did their attacks break down because they simply ran out of ideas? Did Bothroyd look interested?

I was also surprised that for the WHOLE first half Wednesday just allowed us to play the ball out from the back. Didn't Dave Jones watch us beforehand? OK, he changed it at half time, but as a result they began to leave gaps in midfield which Bruno just ran into.

Having said all that, if Bothroyd can be bothered they will probably do quite well this season. I quite like Dave Jones, so I'll be interested to see how they do.

Oh - one final thing - if they benchmark themselves against Dirty L**ds, then they have a long, long way to go in terms of support (quantity, passion, sound levels, etc)

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Well done on your 3-0 win against the Owls last night, sounds like by all your comments that it was a great game and you're top of the league at least til 3pm.
What was the attendance?

The SSN highlights on the 'Amexnorthstand' facebook page said "a record Amex crowd of over 26 and a half thousand", don't know how accurate that is.

tenerife_blu

Sep 14, 2012
The SSN highlights on the 'Amexnorthstand' facebook page said "a record Amex crowd of over 26 and a half thousand", don't know how accurate that is.

Thanks pal, I was expecting closer to 30,000 but still fantastic support.
Well done again and good luck for the rest of the season except against us :D

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thanks pal, I was expecting closer to 30,000 but still fantastic support.
Well done again and good luck for the rest of the season except against us :D

Probably best we don't have 30,000 just yet, we only have 27,000 capacity. By the end of the season wel'll be up to the magical 30k number. :thumbsup:

I wonder if Poyet regrets the nice words he wrote about Wednesday's style of "football", it wasn't in evidence at ALL.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Wednesday :lol:
worried-owl.jpg

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
How odd - double post......came back to my laptop tofind the "post preview page" for my earlier quote..... so edited out!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wednesday fans seem quite polarised. A lot of very fair reactions and nice compliments to us (not easy to be fair when you feel like shit after losing 3 nil) and a lot anti homosexual comments by the other idiots.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The only Wednesday player who was half decent was Johnson. Llera was awful and Martin Taylor was still the thug that he always has been. He could quite easily have broken Barnes leg just like when he broke Eduardo's leg a few years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here