Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Utd or Huddersfield

Who do you want promoted to the Championship?

• Sheffield United

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • Huddersfield Town

Votes: 55 61.8%

• Total voters

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If the future of will Hoskins was dependant on the result then I would say Huddersfield.Although I'm not sure he would be on the blades shopping list should they win considering his fitness record this season & the fact we would probably want a reasonable fee for him.
I think that if he turns up for pre season fully fit with a clear head we will see why we paid good money to sign him.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I was convinced that both these teams would sell out their allocation of tickets for a game against relatively local rivals at wembley stadium.
But sheff utd have only sold 26000
and Huddersfield have only sold 21500

I thought they were big teams

The mighty Albion took 35000 to Cardiff in 2004 for the same game

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I was convinced that both these teams would sell out their allocation of tickets for a game against relatively local rivals at wembley stadium.

The ticket prices are ridiculous. Up to £80 I've heard. Lot of people can't afford that right now.

Does not mean they are not big clubs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The mighty Albion had an allocation of 30000 and took 28000.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If Sheff Utd go up they wont want Hoskins. Disguested that Clark was sacked but Hudds ARE the better team. And one of my mates is a rabid Hudds fan so Ill plump for them as the least worst option

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Huddersfield chokers will be their new name if they don't make it this year... FWIW I think they'll do it this time.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Sheff Utd for me... Son's form teacher is a big Blade, so is a mate round the corner, so will look forward to plenty of banter next season! Both of them are going today.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Huddersfield for me, Sheffield is good but we already have one trip there and Huddersfield has some lovely pubs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I've only just noticed Lee Clarke got the sack! What's that all about then??

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be happy with signing Rhodes or Clarke from Huddersfield so them staying down would make that easier

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
On the face of it, it is surprising there aren't more tickets sold for this game between two decent clubs.

But prices were set at £88, £64, £54, £44 and £34 for a League One play-off final. That is about the same as the Championship play-off final, and in my view way too high for a 90,000-capacity stadium.

It isn't Wembley that set the prices for this (although I'm sure they have influence) but the Football League, so it looks to me as if they got this one badly wrong, since a lot of the seats people want to sit in are at those higher-end rates.

In the current climate, this idea that 'they're fans, they'll pay anything for a big day out' is not true, especially from up north with the extra cost of trains, petrol and maybe hotels.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh shit I just voted wrongly! I'm in the HTFC end tomorrow cheering on Town with my mate

You lucky fukker

I am now regretting my decision not to support my home town team at the new wembley as I a committed to singing at st bartholemews tonight for the brighton festival....I am hoping for constant stream of texts to let me know how the ame is going.

Having seen town last at the old wembley win against Bristol rovers I am really gutted to be missing this now

Come on town

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Huddersfield. No time for Either of the Sheffield teams since a rather distressing two weeks working there in the 1990s. :

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here