Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield United

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed as did Hull City under Phil Brown, I’ve hated Sheffield Utd ever since that farce at Withdean f.uck em.

The Prosser game?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, they won't be going down this season. We might. Taxi home, with a stop at the chippy, for Mr Wilder :shrug:

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Every has its ups and downs. Thought they were one of the best teams we’ve come up against this season so I can’t see them plummeting like others have in the past.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

**** me that was hard to take. Am I right that Graham Barrett gave us the lead? I’m not gonna cheat and look it up...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every has its ups and downs. Thought they were one of the best teams we’ve come up against this season so I can’t see them plummeting like others have in the past.

I thought footballing-wise in the Amex game, despite fully deserving their win and stopping us from playing / us having a bad day, they were poor. Having watched them a lot on TV, as a footballing side, I believe they are poor. But credit where it’s due, you don’t have to be a good footballing side to do well in the league - see Palace and Burnley who are both terrible...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would imagine that Henderson is going back to Manchester United, DeGea looks to have fallen out of favour, a bit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Their squad is top four championship at best on paper. Euphoria of promotion and along with enthusiastic fans won’t last long. I might be wrong just can’t see top players working with Wilder almost in the Warnock mould.

Agreed. The element of surprise has worked well for them so far this season and having players who have played with those tactics for a few years. However, if it's difficult for teams to immediately deal with their tactics, it's also hard for new players. Their January signings have not done very well and it is probably for that reason. I can see them struggling next season as they need to sign better players but the players they do sign struggling initially to fit into their tactics.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They live a lot on inspiration and confidence. I think the first few fixtures of next seasons will determine their season. If they do well, I could see them end up in the of the table somewhere, but if it goes badly I think they would have a really rough time turning it around and could end up dead last.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I am not so sure making judgments on teams for next season based on their performance in the restart is going to prove useful. It's a strange scenario and is measuring very different things than a normal season.

I betting next season will be the same as this one! At very least capacities will be halved

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
One season wonders.

Every PL manager next season needs to have a little chat with the ref before a game against Sheffield Utd. They play at the very limits of the law. That said, they were League One not so long ago, are not their entitiled neighbours and have been something totally different to enjoy this season, so if my first sentence doesn't come true I won't be gutted. I'd much rather someone like West Ham went down either this season or next.

They've been refreshing overall this season. Made us look total shyte against them at the Amex. I hope they improve personnel and continue to do well, great club imo and certainly not entitled like certain clubs in and around the relegation zone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They've been refreshing overall this season. Made us look total shyte against them at the Amex. I hope they improve personnel and continue to do well, great club imo and certainly not entitled like certain clubs in and around the relegation zone

Outfought and outplayed us from the first minute at the Amex. Making George Baldock and his team-mates look far superior athletes and footballers.

They didn’t strike me as gamesmanship/cheating experts in the mould of a Pulis or Warnock team ... their game-plan ... slow everything down, set pieces and territory are everything, and run the clock down at all opportunities.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Outfought and outplayed us from the first minute at the Amex. Making George Baldock and his team-mates look far superior athletes and footballers.

They didn’t strike me as gamesmanship/cheating experts in the mould of a Pulis or Warnock team ... their game-plan ... slow everything down, set pieces and territory are everything, and run the clock down at all opportunities.

Yeah I agree with all that. A unique brand of football too, but like others have said, I'm not sure they can keep it up next season. Think they'll need to spend money and be able to adapt to teams sussing them out (big part of the reason I think CH was replaced - Bloom knew we'd been sussed out and CH unfortunately couldn't adapt).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah I agree with all that. A unique brand of football too, but like others have said, I'm not sure they can keep it up next season. Think they'll need to spend money and be able to adapt to teams sussing them out (big part of the reason I think CH was replaced - Bloom knew we'd been sussed out and CH unfortunately couldn't adapt).

I agree. PL coaches will work out how to counter SU’s unique tactic of sending attacking CB’s up the wings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here