Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield United like our new stadium too :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nice comments. There seems to be a lot of these away fans living in Sussex and also a lot driving past Falmer for work etc - love it

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Carlisle, meanwhile, resort to their usual gay-bashing:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118004942

And this:

I don't like Brighton. I don't like all the media they've recieved this season. N I certainly don't think they are a bigger club than ourselves.

and this bright chap:

More disposable income in Brighton? How do you work that one out fact is they are not a bigger our better supported club than us, the excuses for us not progressing are wearing very thin.

It's all entertaining reading.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Carlisle, meanwhile, resort to their usual gay-bashing:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2118004942

And this:
"I don't like Brighton. I don't like all the media they've recieved this season. N I certainly don't think they are a bigger club than ourselves."
To be fair, what that guy wrote wasn't insulting (he's entitled to not like Brighton) - what he said was:
"I don't like Brighton. I don't like all the media they've recieved this season. N I certainly don't think they are a bigger club than ourselves.

However, as a football fan, isnt it nice just to see it all fall into place nicely.

Stadiums completed in time for next season, PERFECT timing for them getting promoted into the Championship. If only Carlisle United could have matched that. Must be some feeling as a fan to be getting promoted AND going from the worst ground in the football league to one of the best at exactly the same time. Good on them. "

Yes, they come across as pea-brained homophobes don't they?
Most threads here make our supporters look pea brainted too, just without all the homophobic comments.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This I never knew, we really should have put up more of a fight when the Archer and Stanley sold the ground, it appears we rolled over :lolol:

The Brighton fans really got stitched up. Their chairman told them if they got planning permission for the Goldstone Ground it would raise it's value and they could borrow more money against it to fund the team. The fans fell for it and didn't oppose the planning application. When consent was granted, he knocked down the ground and built a ****ing retail park on the site.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great post on the Hearts board Brightons new ground - Jambos Kickback

This is a really fantastic story. 14 years ago, Brighton faced relegation from the Football League, and almost certain oblivion thanks to the behaviour of two of the worst individuals ever to become involved in football: Bill Archer and David Bellotti. The campaign the fans fought to force them out and publicise their club's plight was astonishingly sophisticated; the job Steve Gritt did in somehow keeping them up on the last day of the season despite the worst off-field backdrop it's possible to conceive of amounted to a footballing miracle.

Then came years of miserable groundsharing (notably at Gillingham, 50 miles away), and no possibility of growing the club as long as it was stuck at the Withdean; then came a protracted, incredibly frustrating campaign to finally get Falmer built. A few months ago, because of engineering work, my train from Victoria to Brighton was re-routed through Lewes, and as I passed the new stadium, I could hardly believe my eyes. It is magnificent: a wonderful new home for the club.

Brighton's story is a very rare tale in modern football; one in which the fans took control back from disgraceful owners, saved their club, and have now triumphed. With the success of the side this season, their future has never looked so bright. Hats off to them. :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Noddy clubs like Carlisle can DO ONE.

For years we have had to play shit like them with their CRAP away suport.

Thank god we are on the up.

Bring on the Sheff Utds, Hudds etc teams with a PROPER away support.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I still hate it when most of the forums think that it's being paid for by the council or sponsorship.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Not sure that fans forum is a fair barometer on too much else though.......

'BB, you ever been down shoreham for a night out, i worked there for a month and met some of the mintest women ever, was working on a homebase and went out a few times with the pretty lasses who worked there, was stunning, loved the place and im going back this spring at some point'.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I still hate it when most of the forums think that it's being paid for by the council or sponsorship.

Bit like on here I suppose, most people comment without doing any research

The posts are filled with:

No ambition as small capacity
In the middle of nowhere
Transport will be poor
Can't expand it
Looks like every other new stadium

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'At least it's different to the all too familiar repetitive plastic bowl.'

Seems a reoccuring thought from other fans - and yes they're right.

I also agree about the North and South looking a bit weird and barely reaching the corner flags - but that will all change soon hopefully!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd be sacking the Architect tbh, looks like they've designed the worst of both worlds. Shallow single tier stands no better than the Withdump's on three sides and a three tier stand where the third tier will probably stay closed for 75% of the games, Great

What a fecking clueless Reading fan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here