Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff wed

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Am going to sheff wed next week by train .I am booked on the 17.35 back to st pancras, will I struggle to make that train as hillsborough is 3 miles away from the station.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It really gets me all this having to book on trains not like 'the good old days' when you turned up bought your ticket and got on the train at the same price as everybody else. Is this really progression?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wednesday

:lolol:

Fantastic Ale bar on the platform at Sheffield station. No point in rushing back.

Wednesday

:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am going to sheff wed next week by train .I am booked on the 17.35 back to st pancras, will I struggle to make that train as hillsborough is 3 miles away from the station.

Unless you are prepared to leave before the end to get to the front of a bus queue, or jump in a cab, I can't see that you can make that train.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It really gets me all this having to book on trains not like 'the good old days' when you turned up bought your ticket and got on the train at the same price as everybody else. Is this really progression?

It is to regulate travelling and offer cheaper fares

D

Deleted User X18H

You won't make it by tram. Cry if you get caught on a later train.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The traffic is horrendous after the game , you might make it you can get a taxi. Avoid the tram on the way back , Stagecoach like to ram on as many as possible to make it feel cosy.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Your best bet is taxi, you won't make it on the tram. There's only one road back into town from Hillsborough (Penistone Road) and it's as others say, rammed on a Saturday. You're looking at a 15 minute drive on a normal day, double that at least after a football match.

Leave 5 minutes early and get in a cab, and you'll make it.
Leave on full time, you may well make it if you can find a taxi before most of the locals make it to their cars, but it's risky.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Going to Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: next week with [MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] who will be our interpreter

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sheff Wed :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here