Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheff Wed sign Clinton Morrison

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
good signing for them and with him and mellor they hav got a good forward line

Would have thought they will play Heffernan or Tudgay with one of them rather than the two together but they have good forward options. There will be a few decent teams this year with Peterborough keeping hold of most of their best players and Southampton looking like having a good chance of promotion. Having said that, if we do confirm Greer tomorrow we are only a couple of players away from being up in that category in my view.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It's ok, let's not panic - other teams in our league signing proven goalscorers, us giving trials to shit like that bloke on Saturday as well as signing the prolific Hart and Barnes...

"in gus we trust" and all that :rolleyes:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Deffinately need a top striker still but i still don't think Poyet will get one. Can't see much business happening now unless its a left mid.

We MUST get a striker, we are going nowhere without one, our current strikeforce is quite simpily isn't good enough.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Clinton 'Airshot' Morrison? Bothered.

:clap2: About time someone said that about one of the many threads informing us of the has-been rubbish being signed by clubs in this league!

Sheffield Wednesday will be strong purely because they weren't that bad in the Championship, so coming to this level shouldn't be too much of a struggle. Signing Morrison causes a ripple of interest from people interested more in "names" than ability.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's ok, let's not panic - other teams in our league signing proven goalscorers, us giving trials to shit like that bloke on Saturday as well as signing the prolific Hart and Barnes...

"in gus we trust" and all that :rolleyes:

You really are a miserable sod. We have made some really good signings this pre season so far and all you can do is moan and make sarcastic comments slagging Poyet off. Proven goalscorers don't just grow on trees and Barnes has the ability to become one at this level in the long term (and maybe even this season). A lot of clubs at this level would be delighted to have Murray and Barnes as their first choice forward line so why not wait and see whether we sign a forward rather than moaning. Why not be pleased that we are on the verge of buying the captain of one of our rivals?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Deffinately need a top striker still but i still don't think Poyet will get one. Can't see much business happening now unless its a left mid.

Why not? He has done pretty well in the transfer market so far and I trust him to get another forward in before the start of the season. He is building a very impressive looking squad so why all the negativity?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You really are a miserable sod. We have made some really good signings this pre season so far and all you can do is moan and make sarcastic comments slagging Poyet off. Proven goalscorers don't just grow on trees and Barnes has the ability to become one at this level in the long term (and maybe even this season). A lot of clubs at this level would be delighted to have Murray and Barnes as their first choice forward line so why not wait and see whether we sign a forward rather than moaning. Why not be pleased that we are on the verge of buying the captain of one of our rivals?

Did we really need a central defender? No.

We needed a proven striker. And we still haven't got one. Once we've got one of them I'll be a lot happier, but there's no suggestions we're going to at the moment which is a concern.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I didnt even know Clinton O'Morrison was still playing!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

We needed a proven striker. And we still haven't got one. Once we've got one of them I'll be a lot happier, but there's no suggestions we're going to at the moment which is a concern.

Except on the website at the weekend, after signing Barnes, when Poyet said he was still on the look out for another striker (three or four players in total). Or is that not enough of an indication for you. Would you like Poyet to update the Argus every day on his targets so you can check them and make sure they meet your approval.

As for a central defender, I would imagine that you were one of the first to slag off Elphick and El Abd last season. We have been lacking an experienced centre half since Butters left and to get a captain from another League 1 side (who finished well above us last year) is fantastic. I can't believe that you are so negative that you cannot see that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Withdean Wanderer said:

Presumably as the manager thought we did, captain material to boot. Greer seems to be of goood pedigree, he has played at a high level and in seemingly comfortable with the ball at his feet. Something that Poyet has attempted to instill in the team.

I personally think we did need one. El-Abd, Elphick and Tunnicliffe are the only other options and he doesn't seem to be a great fan of the giant.

Withdean Wanderer said:

Strikers are harder to come by. I am sure they are working on something. We can start to panic closer to the start of the season. The club do seem to be far more secretive when it comes to transfers nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here