Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheff Utd. away ticket dates? *** PAYMENT PROBLEMS - INTERNAL ERRORS ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Shows how our away support has changed in the last ten years.

This would have definitely sold out pre-AMEX / Premier League.

That's simply not true though. In the Championship I used to go to to ALL the away games up here. Rotherham, Wednesday, Sheff Utd, Leeds, Hudds etc.

Just rocked up (usually with the nipper) and got tickets on the gate. Never had a problem.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

For anything north of london that isn't really true is it, like all the people who say the Goldstone was rocking every week in the 70's with 30k+ crowds, when the truth is there were only about a dozen +30k crowds, ever

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For anything north of london that isn't really true is it, like all the people who say the Goldstone was rocking every week in the 70's with 30k+ crowds, when the truth is there were only about a dozen +30k crowds, ever

Agree, with the odd exception such as Peterborough.

I can't recall us ever selling out in Yorkshire. We took about 400 to Leeds in the early '80s, and only around 1,500-2,000 for our last 2 games there in the Championship. The only time I've been to Bramall Lane, in the mid 80s, we took about 600.

PG

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I can't recall us ever selling out in Yorkshire. We took about 400 to Leeds in the early '80s, and only around 1,500-2,000 for our last 2 games there in the Championship. The only time I've been to Bramall Lane, in the mid 80s, we took about 600.

PG

I have only been there once as well, it was the FA Cup 3rd round in 80something, in the snow, it was Barry Lloyd's first game, drew 0-0 I think

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I was poised to buy a ticket for this one but the train fares up to Sheffield are mental. £70+ return, no chance. Even the coach is fifty pounds return, and that takes 16 or more hours.

Really wanted to go to another away game this season but think I'll probably settle for seeing a couple of games at the Amex instead.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

PG

Away end doesn't look very full here:

[yt]U1BDZ3gaar4[/yt]

What a game though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surprised so many tickets are left, was a nailed on sell out in my mind. Is the smallest last block to go on sale? About 400 in there still to go on sale I think. Did it not come on sale for a very short period of time then disappear again? Think everyone that wants one will get one.

Respectfully disagree. I looked and was chuffed how many we’d sold - looks like 3,000 If the last few go - am I right? That’s brilliant for up north - we’d usually take 700 off here in the champs in my opinion!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Down to about 170 tickets left now to those with a purchase history, with 10 loyalty points on offer (I know it’s bollox and should have been 15 all day long but who am I to know better) worth a trip. Amazing work to sell almost the full 3k tickets for a long haul away game.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well I got some tickets and my son is MADE up.

Now we just need to beat the Northern MONKEYS so that we can get some bragging rights BACK (especially after the Wednesday:lolol: CUP fiasco). :albion2:

Looks like a good turnout and, as others have said, the boozers this side of the City are proper.

If you get here early then bus / cab it down from the station to The Broadfield on Abbeydale road. From there it's about 15 mins walk to the Lane and there are LOADS of decent pubs in between (nearby and on Chesterfield Rd). Mostly away friendly (if you're in small groups etc) apart from the old skool shitholes on London Rd. Or go the other way and have a few down Kelham Island before heading back through town. Or there's Ecclesall Road which has a load of decent pubs and bars.........

If there are a load of you then the Howard opposite the station and the Rutland round the corner have always been away friendly. Plus there's a MASSIVE spoons (Sheaf Island) bottom of Eccy Rd, five minutes from the ground.

UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here