Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shawn porter v Kell brook ... IBF Welterweight World Championship ... Saturday 16th

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Glad I got up for it. Thought Kell was class against someone who was literally jumping on him with head and elbows. Clean, classy work which done the job. Think Brook will have a voluntary against someone like Alexander and then I'm guessing Eddie Hearn is looking at Wembley stadium for next summer for khan and Brook. That would be huge

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
It will be a voluntary defence in Sheffield around December followed by Khan at Wembley in May. The winner of that could go on to fight either Marquez, pacquiao or Mayweather in Vegas or hopefully Britain.

On a separate point why do so many people online spell Khan as Kahn? I'm not one to pick people up on grammar or spelling usually but it ever so slightly annoys me for some reason.

D

Deleted member 18477

On a separate point why do so many people online spell Khan as Kahn? I'm not one to pick people up on grammar or spelling usually but it ever so slightly annoys me for some reason.

Amir Khan spells it wrong. Ask Oliver Kahn!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
As I predicted I gave Brook a chance but thought he started so slowly , looking too tense that he was going to lose and I wouldn't have been surprised if that score card had gone to Porter.

Eddie Hearn as usual jumping around with £ signs in his eyes for the Khan v Brook match but I don't think that is a Wembley Stadium fight quite yet, unless they put on as a double header with Froch v Degale.

At this time I'd say Khan is too seasoned at top level for Brook and as long as Khan doesn't hang his chin out he beats Brook.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Thought the fight before, Bika vs Dirrell, was toilet, really puts Groves in with a serious shot at being WBC champ if he wins his next fight in Sept.

As for the scoring I had Brook one round in front but having watched it again, Dave Paris's level card was acceptable, but the 117-111 was clearly so wide of the mark it's on the cusp of delusion and corruption (Barry Hearn was present so anythings possible)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here