Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun Wright-Phillips

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not only was I impressed with the manner in which he played and the way he took his goal but his manner during the interview afterwards was one that I hope to see more from our young footballers.

Complimenting the people around him for the way he was playing, telling us that it was a dream come true to play for England (and actually meaning it) and then saying that he likes to make people happy with his football first and foremost.

What an excellently rounded individual he is, no wonder Ian Wright is proud of him.

Regards,

Shaun Wrights-Phillips' #1 fan.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
He looked like a bit nervous on the pitch until he scored then he looked so settled and comfortable, reckon he's got a good england future ahead of him, maybe we can keep Beckham in the centre of midfield then where he's fa rmore happy.

Thought it was excellent seeing Ian Wrights reaction when he scored, like a proper proud dad.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Definately agree. I thought he played his (little) socks off. Wrighty's reaction was priceless. This man has a good international career on the way....

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I think he'll make an excellent player for England.
I can see him coming on for the last 30 minutes,
running at and scaring the hell out of knackered
defenders.
#3 fan

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
impressed with with wright phillips, i feel defoe will be able to do a job in the future but he aint ready just yet. he missedan absolute sitter. you cannot afford to do that at international level. maybe it was only settling in nerves. but imagine a world cup semi final, score 1.1 with 5 mins left and he misses a sitter like that. we then get knocked out on pens. harsh i know, but he should be showing more predetory instincts, not fluffing it because he was surprised about the chance he got.

but young wright phillips, well done. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here