Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun of the Dead (from the makers of Spaced)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
gone

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well watched this on DVD last night.....and what a load of bollocks it is! only laughed out loud about 3 times during the whole movie, the plot was shite, the storyline was poor, the acting was pants and the comedy value was virtually non existant!
After all the reviews saying "British Best" and crap like that I thought it would be special, but it was'nt...it was shite!

I'm a comedy fan and watch all sorts of comedic films/programes/sitcoms/stand-ups etc etc but never have I seen something so hyped up thats turned out so shit.

/end film 2004

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm with you crabbers

a load of fetted dingo's kidneys if I ever saw some.

dreadful

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Saw this the other nite actually quite enjoyed it, especially where they are throwing records at the zombies heads.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
fatbadger said:
It's hilarious. You need to have a 'Spaced' mind, methinks. Just like that series, the key to the humour is the intertextuality.

that puts me off watching Spaced altogether, I especially (now) hate one review which put it alongside such a great as "Monty Python & The Holy Grail"....it was no where near the stupidity comedy value of the Python crew so i have no idea what that reviewer was smoking!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
This film is the best thing to come out of Britain for f***ing ages.

Saw it at the cinema and bought the DVD last week. Watched it on Sunday, and as soon as the film ended, watched it again!

Three words.

PURE f***ing CLASS.

(Marc, what do you know? You watch films in the theatre for christ's sake! :D)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wozza said:
The reviews were almost universally positive.

as they were for many Hollywood Blockbusters.....your point?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Wozza, he likes punk music for f***'s sake. His choice in films is more than likely to be retarded too.... ;)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
In Your Opinion Wozza.....not in mine however!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shaun of the Dead had its moments, but I was a bit disappointed with it overall. Average.

However, Dawn of the Dead (the new one with Vingh Rhames) is absolute QUALITY. It has a rip-roaring start, and the chaotic apocolyptic feel of the film is tremendous. It has some excellent black humour in it as well.

Recommended.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the day I grow out of punk is the day australia suddenly lifts off from the Earths crust and floats about in Space and is used as a giant spacelandship to travel too distant galaxies

:yawn:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
CrabtreeBHA said:
the day I grow out of punk is the day australia suddenly lifts off from the Earths crust and floats about in Space and is used as a giant spacelandship to travel too distant galaxies

:yawn:

That happened last week. Did you miss the news?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barnet Seagull said:
The new Dawn of the dead is WRONG.

Zombies don't run.

FACT.
Well these ones DO.

And they are all the more scarey for it. Thats what was always SHIT about zombie films. They were so feckin slow, you'd have to be a complete twat to get caught and eaten by one. These new bastards run like the wind though - as soon as they see you, its fill yer pants time. Whoa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here