Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharp & Hayter injury news

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
SO'D yep the same man that sent our players out to destroy yours apparently, only ever stated that Dunk in his view should have received a yellow. It doesn't seem like the same man does it !
Had the same happened to CMS or KLL, there would have been many a hissy fit on here too no doubt.

LuaLua had his leg broken at Hartlepool last November by Andy Monkhouse and was out for the rest of the season. Use our search facility and see if there any hissy fits or abuse of Monkhouse here.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ligament damage is obviously bad and we all wish him a speedy recovery but jeez, reading some of the Rovers' fans comments on here you'd have though that he was so badly injured that immediate amputation was the only thing that was going to save his life and that Dunk should be banned from football for good. A guy called 'Popsider' I think was especially virulent.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good question , it's certainly not coming from our club or the press.

The vitriol seems to be on twitter, that well known forum for thought out discussion. Pretty unpleasant but to be expected after an incident such as this, as long as he ignores it he will be ok.

It was unfortunate that Sharp picked up a serious injury but it really wasn't that bad a challenge and Dunk should just get a thick skin and carry on.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
OBVIOUSLY I doubt you'll get anyone here wishing anything but a speedy recovery for Billy Sharp , but it STILL didn't look as nasty as people are making it out to be the with Spurr and Naylors RASH tackles pre-the incident it could so nearly have been one of ours.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd keep it that way if I were you. Full of meaningless crap & worse most of the time. :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I dont think there was any uneccessary abuse metered out to Monkhouse when KLL broke his leg. The attitude from some Doncaster fans absolutely stinks. One even tweeted CMS talling him to clatter Dunk in training, as if he would do that!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes cos it wasn't like your players tried to kick KLL out of the game was it

I wouldn't bother , I've wasted a WEEKEND pointing this out to outraged Donny fans only to hear "meh,meh,meh,meh,meh" back..

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
What the Donny fans need to be doing is asking why 7 of their first team players are still injured from last year? New fitness coach needed maybe? I mean, you dont see that very often after.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I'm sorry that Dunk is getting abuse but it's NOT from all quarters , shit happens and ligaments are generally far harder to sort than straight breaks. Personally I would ''ban'' all players from using twitter directly with supporters and it would stop this type of crap altogether.
There hasn't been one statement from our club that I've read that mentioned 3 breaks to Sharp's leg straight after or since the game, Chinese whispers that's all and they can't be ever trusted.
SO'D yep the same man that sent our players out to destroy yours apparently, only ever stated that Dunk in his view should have received a yellow. It doesn't seem like the same man does it !
Had the same happened to CMS or KLL, there would have been many a hissy fit on here too no doubt.

No its not all of your fans, just as much as it wasn't all of our fans who booed Billy Sharp as he was stretchered off, it was a few dimwits, that think its funny seeing others hurt. From where I was sitting all I could see was a round of applause from both sets of fans. I hope both of your players make a quick recovery, and back to playing asap.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What the Donny fans need to be doing is asking why 7 of their first team players are still injured from last year? New fitness coach needed maybe? I mean, you dont see that very often after.

EXACTLY. There are methods of training that help minimise injuries like both of those suffered by Sharp and Hayter. I seem to remember Gus saying the fitness staff were a big reason we did so well last season - we hardly had any injuries. Clearly Donny still subscribe to the 'magic sponge' school of physiotherapy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here