Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharm El Sheikh

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
BHA ross may very well take his tour operators day trip to see the Pyramids in Cairo (he hasn't said) in which case he definately will need a visa.

Anyhow, try going through passport control without a stamp and see how far you get. Why would your tour operator say you needed a stamp if you didn't, it's not as if there is anything in it for them if you did buy a visa stamp.

Which is why I said earlier
"If you intend to do a trip to Cairo, Luxor etc, then you will need one."

And you still haven't said which airport you fly to.

We've never ever bought a visa when we didn't need one, and never had a problem. It must be you.

The tour reps always sell them at an inflated price, so they do gain.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Which is why I said earlier
"If you intend to do a trip to Cairo, Luxor etc, then you will need one."

And you still haven't said which airport you fly to.

We've never ever bought a visa when we didn't need one, and never had a problem. It must be you.

The tour reps always sell them at an inflated price, so they do gain.

I've been to Egypt 30+ times and have flown to Sharm 6+, Cairo 10+, Hurghada 6+ and Luxor 10+

I take the photographs for the tour brochures :down:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In which case you should know better. :lolol:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The last time I went to Sharm on a diving holiday there were lots of lovely Russian girlies sunning themselves in front of the main hotels. If you want to go diving there were quite a few operators who offered resort dives for beginners and they would show you the basics and if you had enough time you could qualify for a PADI open water certificate.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Ok Bha Ross

If you're just going to Sharm, you may not need a stamp.

BUT, if you do a day trip to the Valley of the Kings (Luxor), The Pyramids (Cairo)
and Ras Mohammed, which many people do

Then you will definately need a stamp

That's all folks

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There's no "may not" about it :wozza:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We enjoyed Sharm, it was our one and only 'beach holiday' (I'm normally way to restless after 3 days), but Sharm definitely ticked the boxes as an R&R break.

Narma Bay was nice and friendly, there's a great chill out roof top bar above a brit footie bar, don't be put off, it really was a nice place to drink.

Although the area certainly didn't feel authentically Egypt, if you're more of a 'rough guide' traveller.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No visa required if staying in Sharm...Went in March had great weather and a great time stayed at the Aqua Blu hotel and would go back there ps pumped into an old albion mate at the airport and had albion fans staying at the resort....hello!!!!!

No wonder we get all those songs sung to us by opposition fans...:lol:

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
The coastal patrol boats sometimes stop dive boats to check if everyone has a visa stamp allowing them to dive in Ras Mohammed so if diving there probably worth getting one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here