Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shark Fin Soup

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Watching this Ramsey program about this and how only the fin is used.

Is it any good to eat and what is so special about ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's supposed to be an aphrodysiac, but it's a myth that it has any effect. Tragic waste of life for the shark.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think if the programme made you want to eat it Gordon's not done his job properly...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't know what's wrong with people in that part of the world. I knew the Chinese were hell bent on wiping out every single last tiger on the planet but I didn't realise they were doing it with sharks as well.

This will never be stopped until it's too late, the Chinese are too insular to be worried about international pressure if there was any but there won't be because a)their cheap manufacturing and b) the size of their army.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I don't know what's wrong with people in that part of the world. I knew the Chinese were hell bent on wiping out every single last tiger on the planet but I didn't realise they were doing it with sharks as well.

This will never be stopped until it's too late, the Chinese are too insular to be worried about international pressure if there was any but there won't be because a)their cheap manufacturing and b) the size of their army.

Sad but true, I joined up and became part of the shark trust when it was a SAE organisation 20+ years ago and they warned what is now happening back then. I petioned chinese restaurants in sussex to no effect because people thought I was crazy defending ruthless killing machines hell bent on hunting down humans. Ignorance over here has changed a bit but even to this day, my mum thinks I'm going to get eaten every time I go scuba diving with sharks in foreign waters. And I've noticed the sea is becoming more and poor of a desert each year, not just sharks. I was truely shocked returning to Malta 15months ago compared to 10 years ago when I last dived it. The Med sea has become the dead sea. And it's fast happening in other oceans and seas, not just there.

F***ing chinese. They eat everything and are so bloody ignorant about the environmental catastrophe they've created; ask tigers, rhinos any anything else that walks or crawls this earth - they've killed it all. Like Gene Hackman in Unforgiven. Little Bill needs to look out for the chinese collie, not a gun slinger in my mind!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That is horrible! I will always defend the omnivorous nature of the human race but that is wrong.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm not being funny, but is this really the first time people have heard about and seen finning? I saw such sickening videos like that shown tonight 20 years ago and they've been repeated since. Back then though no one cared about sharks because they weren't cuddley. It was all dolphins this and dolphins that. Has it really taken a couple of decades for the work of bodies like the Shark Trust and European Elasmobranch association to be heard? I sincerely don't mean that disrespectively to anyone, I'm pleased you feel equally as disgusted as I was then. I'm just amazed these groups have had so little impact getting the message across to the public here. Maybe the tide is now turning and Gordon's done something other than shout and swear at sous chefs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here