Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharing a season ticket

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Does anyone know of a valid reason for not being able to share a season ticket between two people at the Amex? (Apart from the obvious ones of missing half the season, not being a superfan, etc etc). I've just come back to the UK after a 6 year exile and find myself unemployed with a family of four to fend for, so cannot at this moment justify a whole season ticket. :nono:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As long as you trust someone to keep giving the card back then no probs at all. Just the argument over who goes to the first game!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
depends whether you'd be allowed to split the DD payments or not, Ask The Club might help. Or get the other person to pay in full and you just give them the amount each month for a year?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Sharing mine with my Dad as I will be in Liverpool for a lot of the season, I'll get the games I'm down for, on top of the big and aways of course :D

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not being funny but if I were unemployed and had a family of four , the last thing I would be worrying about is a season ticket. Even if it is only sharing one. I love the albion but my family come first.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Martin Perry mentioned this morning that the club knows it happens and will not try to stop it.

As long as you are both adults/both OAP/U18s etc (same price band) it won't be a problem.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Being unemployed with a family of four to fend for I'd be very interested how you will be able to fund any games never-mind half a season ???

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Thankfully, I will share it with my brother in law who knows I am more of a Brighton nut than he, so has promised me first choice of all games - including the first!

As for whether I can afford to spoil myself with a half season ticket, let's just call it a 40th birthday present to myself that I saved up for whilst I was away.... Believe me, family come first and if I really thought it would put the family at risk in any way, I wouldn't even be thinking of it, yet alone allowed!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Thankfully, I will share it with my brother in law who knows I am more of a Brighton nut than he, so has promised me first choice of all games - including the first!

As for whether I can afford to spoil myself with a half season ticket, let's just call it a 40th birthday present to myself that I saved up for whilst I was away.... Believe me, family come first and if I really thought it would put the family at risk in any way, I wouldn't even be thinking of it, yet alone allowed!

dont worry those chaps will soon get veritgo up there on their horses :thumbsup:

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I've been considering buying two season tickets to share between three people.
As I won't be living in Brighton next year it makes sense for me.
I've spoken to other fans who intend to share tickets in a group.
As I understand this happens all over the country. A friend of mine was in a syndicate of sorts for tickets at Old Trafford, granted the demand is much higher there.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
At our presentation on the 19th Richard Hebberd said that this was not allowed under Football league rules, not club rules. They will turn a blind eye so long as it isn't abused, ie concession tickets being used by someone not entitled to a concession. He said that some clubs were going to introduce photographic id on the cards and this would eliminate the problem but this is not something the Albion are considering! The reason why is that some clubs like Liverpool have a waiting list for season tickets yet some of their STHs are well into their hundreds, in other words when someone goes to that great stadium in the sky, one of their relatives just keeps renewing and therefore avoiding the waiting list. Another reason may be that clubs are looking to go down the PSL route and that would not work if when you die someone just keeps renewing your ST and no one has paid for the right to keep that seat!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
If you have a photo season ticket then doesn't that mean you have to employee loads of turnstyle staff to check them all? kind of defeating the point of the card, unless there is some clever technology that can do it but I doubt that would come cheap

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If you have a photo season ticket then doesn't that mean you have to employee loads of turnstyle staff to check them all? kind of defeating the point of the card, unless there is some clever technology that can do it but I doubt that would come cheap

i'd imagine it would deter people from sharing as theres the risk they could get caught on a random "CARD CHECK" and have their season ticket destroyed! no need t have turnstile staff, just random stewards, probably the sames ones that will still be there to check bags and stuff!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Its dirt cheap to install recognition technology. At my lad's school canteen, they have all their dinner money on a n account, and just hold their finger over a scanner at the till, to identify themselves. It's pretty basic stuff.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Its dirt cheap to install recognition technology. At my lad's school canteen, they have all their dinner money on a n account, and just hold their finger over a scanner at the till, to identify themselves. It's pretty basic stuff.

That's interesting, to me it sounded like futuristic technology that would cost zillions to implement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here