SUNNY SEAFORD
How many of you would buy shares in the Albion if they were
offered at £10 each?,surely this would bring in more cash than
the forty note fund

dougdeep said:
How many of you would buy shares in the Albion if they were
offered at £10 each?,surely this would bring in more cash than
the forty note fund

Hmmm. Does this win the award for most naive post of the day? There's a little bit more to issuing shares than spending the money. Like having to produce dividends for shareholders. Or persuading the directors to water down their share.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Shares In The Albion

The Great Cornholio said:
Hmmm. Does this win the award for most naive post of the day? There's a little bit more to issuing shares than spending the money. Like having to produce dividends for shareholders. Or persuading the directors to water down their share.

More likely would be for the club to introduce some form of bond scheme, but these have been hugely unpopular in the past (West Ham and the Gooners)

I guess the advantage of things such as 40 Notes is it is independent from the club, so people can see where the money is going and helps supporters feel they are empowered and so making a difference.

Re: Re: Re: Shares In The Albion

Uncle Buck said:
More likely would be for the club to introduce some form of bond scheme, but these have been hugely unpopular in the past (West Ham and the Gooners)

I guess the advantage of things such as 40 Notes is it is independent from the club, so people can see where the money is going and helps supporters feel they are empowered and so making a difference.

I think as soon as we get a Yes to Falmer, people will be throwing money at the club. At present, we are in no fit state for a sensible businessman to invest in.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Shares In The Albion

I think as soon as we get a Yes to Falmer, people will be throwing money at the club. At present, we are in no fit state for a sensible businessman to invest in.

I agree that there is likely to more interest in the club. People will still moan that not enough is being spent on the team etc and we should find a benefactor etc etc etc.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Re: Re: Shares In The Albion

Shares do not need to produce dividends, ask those who have shares in BA no divi for about 6 or 7 years now.

I think when selling shares too fans its a different rule, I don't think many will be interested in it as an investment value but as "I own a bit of this club" value, what price do you put on that?

Those who know more about these things than I do, like Boz, tell me that the amount that could be raised is not commensurate with the cost involved in setting it up.

Then you do also have to convince the existing holders too dilute. But if you create a wider market for shares the dilution may only be in percentage terms and not in value as the value of each share could rise too a level beyond what they are now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here