Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shannon Matthews - A Lost Career

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shannon Matthews a loss to Hollywood. She played an absolute BLINDER. Oscar's were sure to follow if she had applied her undoubted acting ability and talents to the big scrren. Now she is banged up its a sad loss for a screen legend that could have been.

What a shocking waste of talent.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes :O :thud:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A classic blunder Al.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Burl Ives one was one of my best.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
There's something that has puzzled me about this case. The prosecution said that the reason Sharon was 'kidnapped' was for the reward money. What reward money? Were her mother and the other guy prosecuted relying on somebody to offer a reward?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The police operation cost the taxpayer £3m. The whole inbred family should be slaves of the state and forced to work to pay it off. Their combined skills would mean an estimated completion time (of the hard labour) of approximately 473 light years.

More importantly, it is very sad that the kids of the 'family' do not really stand a chance of making something of themselves, with such a handicap in their early lives.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The police operation cost the taxpayer £3m. The whole inbred family should be slaves of the state and forced to work to pay it off. Their combined skills would mean an estimated completion time (of the hard labour) of approximately 473 light years.

More importantly, it is very sad that the kids of the 'family' do not really stand a chance of making something of themselves, with such a handicap in their early lives.

Quite. Think of the brain-fried money-spinning ideas that have now been put into Shannon's head for the future.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's something that has puzzled me about this case. The prosecution said that the reason Sharon was 'kidnapped' was for the reward money. What reward money? Were her mother and the other guy prosecuted relying on somebody to offer a reward?

One of the tabloids put up the reward.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
As I recall it - she had read a preview of a book or a film in a red top (Sun or Star) with the same plot, and thought it a good idea.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
On Panorama tonight the police, as is normal, drew up a family tree. The officer said he would normally get it on a sheet of A4 but this familly tree seemed longer than the Bayeaux Tapestry!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Inspired by the reward offered for finding Maddy Prior no doubt.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Should have read Mcann. Stupid boy,can't even find the edit button. :(

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Not doubting about the 3 million but I'm always intrigued where those figures come from.

To put it simply if the woman hadn't decided that she wasn't likely to win X-Factor and kidnapping her daughter was the best way forward, would the tax payer be 3 million better off ?

You see these figures quoted all the time, like the ones where some business committee states that hangovers cost the economy x billion every year, but don't factor in the lost holidays that people don't take because the company policy doesn't allow to them to pass them over to the next year.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Quote from Sky news

"He was born Paul Drake but changed his name, apparently in homage to Australian star Jason Donovan"

speaks volumes that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thanks for that insight Edna, but I'm even more confused than ever.

What was the original motive of the kidnap? Obviously a newspaper could only have offered a reward after the poor girl was 'kidnapped.'

When they read in their Sun newspaper that the McCann kidnap generated millions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here