Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shannon - 2 more family members arrested

Child neglect and wilful abandonment? Trying to obtain money by deception? Possession of an offensive face? Being criminally fucktarded?
Read the Times report.

Child neglect? Wilful abandonment? Surely not? It now seems that Shannon was safely in the care of her future stepfather.

Trying to obtain money by deception? That seems to be ruled out.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How about being in possesion of an offensive face?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Read the Times report.

Child neglect? Wilful abandonment? Surely not? It now seems that Shannon was safely in the care of her future stepfather.

Trying to obtain money by deception? That seems to be ruled out.

Yeah but at the time the "responsible" guardian was the mother. Deliberately abandoning her to someone else would SURELY make social services sit up and take note? I'm not a legal expert but my gut instinct says what about school? Telling the authorities? It really just feels that she must have broken some law about looking after your own children.

Do you know what I mean by this, Ed?

I'm guessing that they've received donations and sold lies to the tabloids too. Dunno and I can understand if it did all spiral out of control , perhaps she panicked but since then money has come their way.

How about being in possesion of an offensive face?

Oy! Get your own gags.

Of course Social Services will take note.

But I'm still dubious about whether a crime has been committed, if all that has happened is that the mother had agreed to move in with the uncle and Shannon moved there first, only for the mother to get cold feet about how she would break the news to her current partner.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The OB reckon she's perverted the course of justice which I suspect is all to do with the chronic waste of police time and the telling of fearful porkies whilst doing so.

I also agree with Buzzer that there could well be some sort of law in the neglectful neck of the woods that's been broken.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Of course Social Services will take note.

But I'm still dubious about whether a crime has been committed, if all that has happened is that the mother had agreed to move in with the uncle and Shannon moved there first, only for the mother to get cold feet about how she would break the news to her current partner.

Fair dos. I see what you mean.

As someone else posted on another thread, perhaps perversely this is the best thing that could ever have happened to Shannon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whereabouts is the neglectful neck of the woods ?
And who broke it ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But I'm still dubious about whether a crime has been committed

im pretty certain that calling the old bill and saying your daughter has gone missing is wasteing police time and to continue the pretense is perverting the course of justice, no matter what the circumstances are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right I'm back up to date, on this one, jeeeeezzz.
I'd tuned out of the story before the step father was arrested, so taking all that other info in 1 hit makes me so angry.

How can people live like that, I can't believe all the kids, over the years, have escaped uneffected by the upheavel. (sp).

So surely school and social services should have known about these people for a long time, if not why not?.

Admittedly what would they do, sadly not a lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here