Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Shane Duffy fit again and Connolly may start for Ireland (2 pm kickoff)

Screenshot_20191012-155432.png

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
'difficult game'

'scrappy game'

'we had chances but didn't deserve to win'

'Denmark could only manage a draw'

Finished by saying that he feels well after the game and is fit.

Duffy looked despondent after the game - he has higher expectations than this.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Ooof, two good efforts off his left foot, he’s certainly made an impact since he came on.

Good pace but snatched at that chance, would have been better off shooting across goalie.

Was jumping around the living room willing him to put it away when he was put through for that second chance. The minute he came on I stuck a fiver on Connolly first scorer & Ireland win @25/1

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Disappointed he didn't score - says that he could have won the three points.

Striker has to score and I didn't - and the bobbled pitch is no excuse.

His parents arrived in at 5am for the match and said he hoped he made them proud.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Pundits on Irish TV are saying that Connolly's pace made the difference - and they were gobsmacked that Shane Long isn't even in the squad because he has similar pace.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genuinely feel he would have done something if involved earlier.

Will be staggered if Connolly doesn’t start vs the Swiss.

Don't know about starting - he's still young and inexperienced. Best used as an impact sub for now I think - but must be brought on earlier than he was today; give him 25 or 30 minutes. I thought McCarthy delayed much too long making the substitution today.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Don't know about starting - he's still young and inexperienced. Best used as an impact sub for now I think - but must be brought on earlier than he was today; give him 25 or 30 minutes. I thought McCarthy delayed much too long making the substitution today.

What? Did you watch the match? Worthing would have put on a more competitive and competent performance than that shower of shit, if Connolly had started he would have MOM by a country mile, with Duffy in second.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough could not be a more accurate mantra for McCarthy right now.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What? Did you watch the match? Worthing would have put on a more competitive and competent performance than that shower of shit, if Connolly had started he would have MOM by a country mile, with Duffy in second.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough could not be a more accurate mantra for McCarthy right now.
No, I didn't watch that apparent shower of sh*t. Still think Connolly on around the hour mark is the best option for the lad at international level now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here