Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shambolic Football League Show

D

Deleted member 18477

Nice that they showed Tyrone barnnett as 3rd top scorer in the championship with 14 goals. Errr only 1 was actually in the championship!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we're on MOTD next season, imagine how sexy the Amex will look when they show that revolving little picture of the stadium before the highlights? :drool: :amex:
What would happen when they did the AITC feature.

''Sorry we have no time for any highlights, this week, next week, or the week after.''

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were in a feature game for Birmingham...which paid no attention to us at all.

Think Football Focus did a feature on us at the beginning of the season too.

The first football focus of the season was from the Amex and it was amazing starting with the presenter walking through the fields to the dream stadium, awesome.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The South Today sports preview on friday night showed short snippets of Reading and Stains players scoring and mentioned their opponents..... no film of us.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Nothing wrong with the football League show last night. Stumbled in through the door, turned the telly on as they were just about to start coverage of our game. Okay it was not the most extensive coverage, but frankly I wasn't capable of focussing for more than a couple of minutes anyway.:drink:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i gave up on the football league show a few weeks ago when the same thing happened, 0-0 games played before ours with a goal. not that its worth watching anyway because it will just be the goal, when we had a couple of sendings off they only showed one iirc. waste of time unless you're the featured game.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think the fact that last week they showed extended highlights of a game that finished 0-0 and was abandoned after less than 40 minutes shows how shit the show is.
They may have decided beforehand that it was a game they wanted to show, but a good producer would decide it wasn't worth it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good luck to them,the less publicity we receive the better,we shall continue go under the radar

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Showing 0-0 Draw's 1-0 win's before games that had 3+ goals
aswell as commentary mistakes during Brighton's Games
Get your act together FLS:nono:

You could always do what i do,not watch the programme for the same reason i don`t watch it along with soaps and reality tv programmes,they are all shit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
All i do is record it. Ffw to the brighton bit then delete. no interest in other teams.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I did find it bizarre that the I think ipswich game a few weeks ago that was abandoned after 35minutes at 0-0 got more coverage than almost all the other games that were played in their entirety and had goals.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Why are the FLS trying to make Swindon's current success greater because they were relegated last season? Isn't it possible that having previously played in a higher division they might be better than the rest of the teams in League 2?

on the bit with di canio he did remind me of poyet a bit except di canio is a bit more extreme

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
If 'Boro or Forest are the main game once more, I'm writing in.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
when we had a couple of sendings off they only showed one iirc. waste of time unless you're the featured game.

To be fair though, the vast majority of the crowd didn't see the incident that led up to that sending off either!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I reckon they should ditch the ultra expensive studio and use the money to send commentators to all the Championship matches... then choose the best game. No need for a presenter / studio - get straight into the games.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The games they show extended highlights of are the ones where they've already sent additional cameras.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The games they show extended highlights of are the ones where they've already sent additional cameras.

Is the correct answer. It has nothing to do with where commentators go - commentary can always be added retrospectively anyway. It has everything to do with a small budget that only stretches to multiple camera coverage of one or two matches - and which game to cover has to be decided in advance. Even if the game is a shocker and there's a 5-4 game somewhere else, no football programme on any channel will ever lead with that top game as full highlights if there was only one camera filming it. Would just look shit.

Match of the Day is a different story entirely as the Premier League contract stipulates a minimum requirement for the number of cameras that are used on every game. Therefore, an unexpected amazing game - say Fulham put 6 past someone for instance - can easily be moved to the top of the programme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here