Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shall I shant I ...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Walking through Brighton with a palace shirt on is probably still safer than walking through Croydon with an armed guard.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any idiot going about slapping 'scarfers' or people in replica shirts is even more of an idiot than those who fight with other 'hooligans'

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Wear your colours with pride.....i also thought about this one.........and decided i will not have 2000k away fans dictate what i am going to wear.....Iam at home this is my home team........and i shall my shirt, not hidden but worn with pride

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
wear my shirt tonight, Everyone is advising me not to, inviting trouble etc.

I've never been very good at heeding advice though .... and what's the point of paying for a replica shirt if you're too scared to wear it ?

I wouldn't, you'll attract flies.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Wear your colours with pride.....i also thought about this one.........and decided i will not have 2000k away fans dictate what i am going to wear.....Iam at home this is my home team........and i shall my shirt, not hidden but worn with pride

Are they really bringing 2 million?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
wear my shirt tonight, Everyone is advising me not to, inviting trouble etc.

I've never been very good at heeding advice though .... and what's the point of paying for a replica shirt if you're too scared to wear it ?

I usually wear mine but I haven't on my last two visits to Selhurst. I don't for any London trips anymore as sometimes it can be too restrictive. No shirt means you can go where you like, when you like.

I shall, of course, be wearing mine tonight.

Oct 25, 2003
i haven't really thought of the PUB scenario

wearing a palace shirt may well lead to the inability to enter some of brighton's finest drinkeries

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
It's a derby, not guerilla warfare. Wear your colours, support your team, and well done for following your local club and not Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool or Spurs.

It will be a charged atmosphere inside the ground and a great occasion, but it will be a sad day if opposition fans think it's too dangerous to come to the Amex wearing their shirts.

There'll be no trouble at the ground or around it, I'd suggest. Maybe some good natured banter but there are too many people around for anything more sinister to happen.

As Bono once said: "There's been a lot of talk about this Brighton-Palace match. Perhaps too much talk."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here