Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...... is sh*te.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
didn't enjoy R & J then Stst...?

i'm going tonight... any tips? drinking through it?

(am sure the ball and chain will appreciate the thought though - which is all that matters really...)

ps
congrats on the engagement - just the wedding to organise now then - ENJOY!!!!!

Last edited:

O brave new world, that hath such people in it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moshe Gariani said:
didn't enjoy R & J then Stst...?

i'm going tonight... any tips? drinking through it?

(am sure the ball and chain will appreciate the thought though - which is all that matters really...)

ps
congrats on the engagement - just the wedding to organise now then - ENJOY!!!!!

Take a good book!!!

No, the actors were good, can't ask for a better setting, at least you'll be dry tonight. There is a beer tent, the mulled wine will null the pain, bbq etc.
But we took a picnic & a bottle of champagne.
It will be chilly by the end as it doesn't finish until 10:45.

I just can't be doing with the Shakespeare approach of why say 1 word when 300 will do.
AND THE WORD IS BANISHED NOT BANISH-ED, you'll find out what I mean tonight.

Thanks for the kind words, & luckily there's no way I'm going to be left to organise anything.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
The only good version of Romeo and Juliet is the Dire Straits one - classic :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stst Brother said:
Take a good book!!!

No, the actors were good, can't ask for a better setting, at least you'll be dry tonight. There is a beer tent, the mulled wine will null the pain, bbq etc.
But we took a picnic & a bottle of champagne.
It will be chilly by the end as it doesn't finish until 10:45.

I just can't be doing with the Shakespeare approach of why say 1 word when 300 will do.
AND THE WORD IS BANISHED NOT BANISH-ED, you'll find out what I mean tonight.

Thanks for the kind words, & luckily there's no way I'm going to be left to organise anything.
cheers - always reassuring to see the words "beer" and "tent" juxtaposed when heading to an outdoor event... does create a problem though - as this is meant to be a treat for Mrs Gariani, will it be acceptable to pull the old "I'll drive there, if you drive back" line or should I do the decent thing and let her tuck into the vino...?

good tip re. the late finish and chilliness - will make sure we wrap up warm...

and i'll look out for banish-ed... (reminds me of when Brent wrote a poem for Dawn about his "steel-ed blade"...classic)

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmm

Considering that many many words and phrases we use today were in fact coined by shakespeare...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shakespeare is poo, blame him personally for my failing of GCSE English at school and having to retake at college which was about as much fun as watching palace

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's banish -ed because that how they pronounced it at the time. If you use the modern pronounciation the rhythm of the dialogue changes.

Many of Shakespeares stories are brilliant, but it can be difficult to get past the thee's and thow's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Voroshilov said:
It's banish -ed because that how they pronounced it at the time. If you use the modern pronounciation the rhythm of the dialogue changes.

So what your basically trying to say is:-
Shakespeare no longer has any relivence in todays modern society.

Thanks for that I wish I could put it as eliquently as yourself :lolol: :lolol:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Stst Brother said:
Voroshilov said:

So what your basically trying to say is:-
Shakespeare no longer has any relivence in todays modern society.

Thanks for that I wish I could put it as eliquently as yourself :lolol: :lolol:

How on earth do you get that from what I wrote? I did Macbeth for my "O" level, (which were proper exams, none of this course-work rubbish) and I thought the story was really good. The themes of Shakespeares plays are timeless.
I think perhaps on reflection you should stick with stuff more at your level. I hear there's a theatrical production of The Gruffalo.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Voroshilov said:
How on earth do you get that from what I wrote? I did Macbeth for my "O" level, (which were proper exams, none of this course-work rubbish) and I thought the story was really good. The themes of Shakespeares plays are timeless.
I think perhaps on reflection you should stick with stuff more at your level. I hear there's a theatrical production of The Gruffalo.

You obviously did the same exam as myself only I also learned the word sarcasm, and in later live have understood the concept of long laugh smilies.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Stst Brother said:
You obviously did the same exam as myself only I also learned the word sarcasm, and in later live have understood the concept of long laugh smilies.

So despite learning the meaning of sarcasm you didn't learn how to apply the concept in everyday use.

You really think everyone is going to interpret your post that way because you put a couple of long laugh smilies on it.
Here's one that's more obvious
:tosser:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I did Macbeth for my English GCSE years ago.

After getting past the initial lack of understanding, I loved it.

Have also done Julius Caesar, Hamlet, Much Ado About Nothing and Romeo & Juliet.

Most people have no idea how many common words and phrases were coined by Shakespeare. Not just olde worlde ones either. The man had an astonishing vocabulary, especially when you consider most people of his era couldn't even read.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Voroshilov said:

Many of Shakespeares stories are brilliant, but it can be difficult to get past the thee's and thow's.

I thought it was jsut Shakespeare's way of cheating it into iambic pentametres?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BAG, you really wanted to get the words iambic pentametres in there didn't you?

Just to confuse some people on here!

:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here