Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sh*t or bust for Poyet

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Any chance of even bothering to look at my thread and tell me why I'm wrong? Can't be arsed with some of the dickheads on here unable to actually discuss football.

Why would anyone bother to look at what you've posted ? It's ALWAYS negative and quite frankly fishing !

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I want to shoot WW down for this thread but i'm inclined to agree with him. With the team Poyets been allowed to build theres really no excuse for us to not finish in the play offs, luckily there's still five months of the season left and I have every confidence a play off spot will be ours and still feel autos are still within our reach.

I have to say though WW why the need for negativity? We have the best team in a generation, a top stadium and premier league attendances, I cant help but think you will never be truely happy following the Albion....it makes me feel sorry for you almost, I think you could bed a supermodel and still moan she looks a bit rough in the morning :-(

Bruno

Jul 2, 2012
Perspective - compare the quality of our team with some of the others near the top and you will probably find that they have similar if not more quality than us.

Just because we have the best Albion team in years (ever!?) does not give us a God given right to be successful.

How many other message boards are saying similar things about their teams?

I sincerely hope we do very well but to quote Guis, I will be happy so long as we keep improving.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
1) You shouldn't be able to get away with letting your best player go to your rivals on a free and taking 18 months to replace him. He has. However, you can't get away with signing a player, not giving him much of a chance, then dropping him just as he comes into a bit of form and never playing him again, only for him to bang them in on loan to your arch rivals and fire them to promotion alongside the top scorer in the division that you let go. If Dobbie is a roaring success at Palace, it will be an absolute embarrassment from a Brighton & Hove Albion perspective, absolutely no two ways about it. Let's hope he doesn't.

2) There are no excuses for not getting a team containing:

Kuszczak (Premier/Champions League/International experience)
Bruno (La Liga/Uefa Cup experience)
Bridge (Premier/Champions League/Internatinoal experience)
Vicente (La Liga/Champions League/International experience)
Lopez (La Liga/Uefa Cup experience)
Orlandi (Premier League experience)
Upson (Premier League/International experience)
Crofts (Premier League, won promotion from Championship)
Hammond (won promotion from Championship)
Buckley (one of the most highly rated wingers in the Championship)
Ulloa and CMS (£5m strikeforce)
Bridcutt (one of the most highly rated players in the Championship)
LuaLua (one of the most exciting players in the Championship)
and Ashley Barnes into the play-offs.

No excuses whatsoever. We're underachieving as it is. Fail to make the play-offs and he can do one. Why do you think we're losing £8m a year? He's spent a small fortune on the squad, but at the moment we're being shown up by the likes of Watford, Millwall, Burnley and P*lace. Yeah, so Wolves and Blackburn have spent loads and failed - that doesn't mean it won't be total a disgrace if we don't finish in the top 6.

Last chance saloon. Shit or bust.

With any luck we'll end the season with a trip to Wembley and a winners medal. Although I don't hold out much hope.

Why so pessimistic??

Firstly, Gus has openly said, we are drawing too many games, so he is fully aware we are capable of being higher in the table.

Secondly, the players you have listed have not all been fit every game!?

And we are not the only club to have a really strong squad, if you listed every teams best players, including clubs below us, they would have players with great experience/potential.

We are not bottom of the league, we are in with a realistic shout of the playoffs.....we are higher placed than we finished last year. That is progression and I think most fans are very happy with that!

With Murray, none of us know 100% what happened and why we didn't sign him up and how much he asked for etc......also Gus didn't know how successful he would be in his first stint in the championship......Gus's answer was, to sign the one player who scored more than him in that season winning season, Craig Mackail-Smith.

Cardiff seem to be breezing the league this year, but look how many strong squads and seasons it took them to get it right.

You're glass doesn't have to be half empty pal, there is so much to be happy, proud, optimistic about

In Gus we (I) trust........

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
Be careful what you wish for.
I'm happy with Gus whether we go up this season or not.
I'd rather build slowly & get it right than rush things & end up with egg on our faces (eg QPR)

There was a time when more than a handful of Charlton fans thought Curbishley was underachieving in the Premiership

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Dear WW, I find this a bit odd really. All the players you mention - surely the reason we have them in due to Gus?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Keep on posting, I do not always agree with you, however debate is good and people can argue your points or just ignore you. It's a shame because you do make some good points in your posts, however its clouded by all your negativity. Gus is building a side and that will take time, there are at least 6 clubs that have better budgets and one could argue that it gives them just as much right to go up as us. We are at times punching above our weight and that seems to give fans like you this expectation of going up to the PL. You also think that because we get 26,000 plus gates at home that
We should be getting into the premiership. The stadium has is not even 2 seasons old. It cost a lot of money to build and we are a club still in transition. It will take a few more years of big crowds for the money to filter through.We have a quality manager who is building a club for the future. If we compare budgets and spending power with other clubs, we are where we should be in this league and that is knocking on the door of the play offs along with half a dozen other clubs. Look at the clubs who have come down into this league, even with their parachute payments they are struggling. We have one of the best managers in this league and we should get behind him and the team,

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
anyone that understands football understands that some players thrive in some teams and some thrive in others. There are many factors involved in this from the way the manager treats them to the style of football the teams plays. Murray is thriving at Palace whereas for us he was just pretty good, Gus didn't fancy him enough to offer him the money and thought he could find a player that suits our style better. Get the f*** over it and move on.

As for the rest of it.....There are some massive clubs in this division and we will do well to get out of it. If we don't make it this season lets have another go next season. No need for any wholesale changes or knee jerk reactions.

Last edited:

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
1) You shouldn't be able to get away with letting your best player go to your rivals on a free and taking 18 months to replace him. He has. However, you can't get away with signing a player, not giving him much of a chance, then dropping him just as he comes into a bit of form and never playing him again, only for him to bang them in on loan to your arch rivals and fire them to promotion alongside the top scorer in the division that you let go. If Dobbie is a roaring success at Palace, it will be an absolute embarrassment from a Brighton & Hove Albion perspective, absolutely no two ways about it. Let's hope he doesn't.

No excuses whatsoever. We're underachieving as it is. Fail to make the play-offs and he can do one. Why do you think we're losing £8m a year? He's spent a small fortune on the squad, but at the moment we're being shown up by the likes of Watford, Millwall, Burnley and P*lace. Yeah, so Wolves and Blackburn have spent loads and failed - that doesn't mean it won't be total a disgrace if we don't finish in the top 6.

With any luck we'll end the season with a trip to Wembley and a winners medal. Although I don't hold out much hope.

Twat. Twonk. Tosser.....:wanker:

Your thoughts and views are summed up in one now legendary post.......Now Remind me, what exactly does Spanish Dave actually do?

You Sir are a waste of Cells........

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Genuinely would like to know if you glean any pleasure from football or supporting The Albion?

Because none is reflected in any post I have ever seen of yours on NSC.

What was your favourite Albion moment?

Who is your favourite player in the team at the moment?

Who is your favourite player in Albion's history?

What is it that makes you go to watch Brighton?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Get yourself a girlfriend.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Dear WW, I find this a bit odd really. All the players you mention - surely the reason we have them in due to Gus?

Actually, that's a much better response to my long winded reply.......annoyingly I've now replied TWICE to this thread about how 'terrible times are'

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Perspective - compare the quality of our team with some of the others near the top and you will probably find that they have similar if not more quality than us.

Just because we have the best Albion team in years (ever!?) does not give us a God given right to be successful.

How many other message boards are saying similar things about their teams?

I sincerely hope we do very well but to quote Guis, I will be happy so long as we keep improving.

There are clubs with bigger budgets than us and better experience than us who are also going for it this season. Yet only two clubs go up automatically and one from the lottery of the playoffs. Why anyone would think we have some sort of right to go up I do not know.

I am delighted we have gathered such quality players whilst not being one of the top spenders. A tribute to the management.

Can we go up ? Of course. Should we expect it ? There is no basis for that. If we had the budget of Leicester or Cardiff, or Southampton last season you might be within your rights.

We are building. And Rome was not built in a day. Patience.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread proves a lot of things:-

1 - Most of you have already made up your minds the moment you have seen who the thread starter is.

B - The thread starter knows this, hence point 1.

lll - The thread starter can talk sense if he chooses to, hence point 2.

D - Had point 2 been tweaked, there would be very little arguing.

5 - The thread starter is fully aware of points 1 through 4.
He's a cheeky attention seeking monkey, puppet master, and you all play his game, only you don't seem to realise or enjoy it.

For that WW ought to be congratulated.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
maybe its just me but i am bloody loving my football experience at the moment

patience is a virtue

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This thread proves a lot of things:-

1 - Most of you have already made up your minds the moment you have seen who the thread starter is.

B - The thread starter knows this, hence point 1.

lll - The thread starter can talk sense if he chooses to, hence point 2.

D - Had point 2 been tweaked, there would be very little arguing.

5 - The thread starter is fully aware of points 1 through 4.
He's a cheeky attention seeking monkey, puppet master, and you all play his game, only you don't seem to realise or enjoy it.

For that WW ought to be congratulated.

Because this is some sort of noble pursuit?

I would suggest that WW should be pitied because this is how he gets his kicks.

Still each to their own as long as he is happy, We must all get something out of posting on his threads otherwise we wouldn't bother. Maybe for many of us it is the moral high ground we can take because we are not sad miserable attention seeking nincompoops.

Still we probably should look into it too deeply it may become scary.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
maybe its just me but i am bloody loving my football experience at the moment

patience is a virtue

I was beside my self with joy at my recent and first visits to the Amex. I really don't understand anyone that isn't (or pretends they aren't to get attention). Playing at a brilliant stadium with some brilliant players under a brilliant manager is just brilliant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because this is some sort of noble pursuit?

I would suggest that WW should be pitied because this is how he gets his kicks.

Still each to their own as long as he is happy, We must all get something out of posting on his threads otherwise we wouldn't bother. Maybe for many of us it is the moral high ground we can take because we are not sad miserable attention seeking nincompoops.

Still we probably should look into it too deeply it may become scary.
Good point well made.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was beside my self with joy at my recent and first visits to the Amex. I really don't understand anyone that isn't (or pretends they aren't to get attention). Playing at a brilliant stadium with some brilliant players under a brilliant manager is just brilliant.

i would go further,but i shall settle for brilliant......lovely times to be an Albion fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here