Votes: 36 90.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
should i quit my job?

fed up with a really srressfull job, people are leaving all over the place, but i wonder what/where I could go next..

i have already used up a lot of goodwill, with sick leave (genuine, but too often for my liking), and today i just could not facing getting out of bed.

turning 40 may have something to do with it, but have been feeling like i have 'missed out' even before then..

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes

Get a job where you can sell dodgy goods on ebay.it's very rewarding.If you get caught very little companies take any action.Simply move onto better pickings:clap2:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If your job involves spelling you might not need to quit ???

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I want out of my job but will not ( and do not recommend ) leave my job until I find something else. Just do the minimum you have to do and don't go the extra mile mate. That is my aim now as I have gone the extra mile for the past 5 years just to get told they do not think I am worthy of promotion. It is Dog eat Dog as far as I am concerned so if you are f***ed over then do the same to them by getting the job you deserve mate.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Do you have a rich wife (or a least one with a decent income) or another income source?

Have you enough in savings to cover outgoings for a year or so?

If you can answer yes to both, then what is stopping you? If only one then quite tricky. However, having a rapidly depleting income will motivate you to replace it and a period of lower income might persuade you that you don't need as much as you might think.

More importantly, is it your job situation and associated stress that is making you ill? If your work is affecting your health then its definately time to move on.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm quitting my job at the end of this month.. can't wait.. gonna have 3 months off watching the World Cup, going to Holland in July and then Ibiza in August.. then I'll get another job in september probably.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
it all boils down to how confident you are of finding another job

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Re: thnaks for comments- i have!

desprateseagull said:
stuck in a jon i dont like any more

Are you like, stuck in the toilet dude? *snigger*

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
tell me about it - im actively looking. i made 1 tiny mistake [though there should of been failsafes to stop ME making the mistake] and the shit is hitting the fan massively for some reason.

Totally fed up with the way it has been handled yadda yadda yadda, been there 18 months and just fed up of the job and all the politics / lack of man management skills the 'management' have :O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here