Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sexist Bastard

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Newell rounds on women officials

It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems.

Mike Newell
Luton Town manager Mike Newell has launched a scathing attack on women officials following his team's home defeat against QPR.
Newell was furious that assistant referee Amy Rayner failed to award his side a penalty during the 3-2 loss.

He said: "She shouldn't be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist.

"This is Championship football. This is not park football, so what are women doing here? It is tokenism - for the politically-correct idiots."

Newell was incensed that Rayner and referee Andy D'Urso failed to award his side a spot-kick when QPR defender Marcus Bignot tangled with Carlos Edwards in the penalty box.

"We have a problem in this country with political correctness," added Newell. "And bringing women into the game is not the way to improve refereeing and officialdom.

"It is absolutely beyond belief. When do we reach a stage when all officials are women because then we are in trouble?

"It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems."

606 DEBATE: What do you think of Newell's comments?

But Bignot, who used to manage a women's football team in Birmingham, was astounded by Newell's remarks.

He said: "Comments like those will stop female officials from trying to make their way in the game.

"Amy Rayner is a role model and full credit goes to her. What would he have said if it had been a male assistant referee making that decision?

"It's easy to blame officials and Mike Newell is entitled to his opinion but remarks like that do not help the game."

:tosser:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
WOMEN referees, whatever next. They will be giving matches to ETHNIC MINORITIES next, and before you know the country will be overrun with them (c) Daily Express 1974-2006

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I cannot stand sexism, racism or any kind of discrimination because they aree different in someway. Does my head in.

Another thing, cant stand agism. Why do young people get discriminated by getting paid less than older people. Why should younger people have to pay more car insurance, just because "THEY are more likely to have accedents than older drivers" BULLSHIT I tell you. Adults can be just as moronic ass some younger children and younger drivers can be just as mature as some older people, age makes no different

:angry: :angry: :angry:

end of rant

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this is where they belong
:angry:
_198745_womanwashingup300.jpg

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
It's not just sexist it's RUBBISH. Why should someone be better at being a ref or lino, just because they are male?

I hope he gets sacked, and replaced by a women.

:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
¡Cereal Killer! said:

Why should younger people have to pay more car insurance, just because "THEY are more likely to have accedents than older drivers" BULLSHIT I tell you. Adults can be just as moronic ass some younger children and younger drivers can be just as mature as some older people

:angry: :angry: :angry:

end of rant

But statistically age does make a difference. Older people are less likely to try to impress their mates in a Citroen Saxo at 11pm at night with 2 WKD inside them.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
El Presidente said:
But statistically age does make a difference. Older people are less likely to try to impress their mates in a Citroen Saxo at 11pm at night with 2 WKD inside them.

Yes, maybe, but not all of them.

Why should sensible younger people suffer because of some stupid chavvy twats who thinks that owning a car means they can speed around the place just to impress their frineds.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
¡Cereal Killer! said:
And those stupid car insurance adverts.

Women only insurers because "women are better drivers" f*** OFF!

Statistically they are, the facts speak for themselves. As far as it goes few women see their car as an extension of their penis thus don't tend to get road rage very often.

As far as Newell is concerned, what a stupid outburst. Whether an official is good or bad has nothing to do with gender. Prosser the Tosser is a bloke for instance.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Unfortunately certain people (and parts of the country) are still stuck in the Dark Ages, and Newell is one of them. It wasn't that long ago that I went to see us play at Middlesbrough and because the weather was so appaling they let me and my Dad into the Boro Supporters Club for a drink. I was pretty shocked to find out that the only women allowed in were serving the drinks, and they weren't allowed out in front of the bar, not even to collect glasses. Sometimes we in the civilised South forget people like Newell and places like Middlesbrough really exist.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Northstander said:
Fa WILL investigate, just confirmed on SKY

Why on earth would the FA need to investigate ?

Its his opinion thats all.

As long as he is not on the panel that decrees which ref or lino goes where or who moves up the ranks in the officialling world I see no problem.

Awaits London Irish to tell me that....................

''I suppose you celebrated when the Yorkshire Ripper was butchering women''

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wonder how Newell felt about all those FEMALE doctors / nurses and other health professionals that treated his player when he suffered a stroke on the team coach the other weekend??

Or maybe women doing those jobs is okay with him as it isn't "Championship football" ??

What an utter :tosser:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Bry Nylon said:
Wonder how Newell felt about all those FEMALE doctors / nurses and other health professionals that treated his player when he suffered a stroke on the team coach the other weekend??

Or maybe women doing those jobs is okay with him as it isn't "Championship football" ??

What an utter :tosser:

They are only in the NHS as tokenism.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Questions said:
Why on earth would the FA need to investigate ?

Its his opinion thats all.

As long as he is not on the panel that decrees which ref or lino goes where or who moves up the ranks in the officialling world I see no problem.

Awaits London Irish to tell me that....................

''I suppose you celebrated when the Yorkshire Ripper was butchering women''

If the FA investigate claims by Mourinho of "favouritism", then surely sexism is a bigger issue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here