Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sex Pistols

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
My tickets came through today:falmer:, anyone else going up to it?
I might start the day off in this lovely bar i know called the Savannah in Haywards Heath, :D:bla::bla::bla::drink::whisky:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not really my thing but can see that you may not get a chance to see them again so worth going I reckon. I would go if had the chance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm tempted but I really don't want my dreams to be disillusioned. I was too young to see them but did see PiL when I was about 16, and John Lydon was awesome.

Saying that, I saw Grinderman at the Forum earlier this year and they were supported by Suicide (who I thought would be awful) but were quite funny and have still got it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Anyone else going tonight at Brixton Academy? I'm going with my mate and we are looking forward to it, should be a good laugh.

They were a bit before my time so nice to be able to see the original line up of an iconic band, even if they are now a bunch of hypocrites! :laugh:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Anyone else going tonight at Brixton Academy? I'm going with my mate and we are looking forward to it, should be a good laugh.

They were a bit before my time so nice to be able to see the original line up of an iconic band, even if they are now a bunch of hypocrites! :laugh:

Original line up?? Is Sid back from the dead then??:glare:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Original line up?? Is Sid back from the dead then??:glare:

Sid wasn't in the original line-up. Glen Matlock was the original bass player

Sid joined later - and became one of the biggest, talentless, gurning, wankers ever to have roamed ther earth. Sid was joke that wasn't remotely funny.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm going to see The Raveonettes at the Zodiac on the 23rd. I work with plenty of twentysomethings and none of them has heard of this great band.

http://www.raveonettes.com/

A fine and very underrated band, indeed, fellow (ex)Lancingian (?!)

Most 20 year olds these days have absolutely no musical taste, their ears and brains having been polluted by shit-hop and gangster crap.

Enjoy the gig.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'm going to see The Raveonettes at the Zodiac on the 23rd. I work with plenty of twentysomethings and none of them has heard of this great band.

http://www.raveonettes.com/

Maybe they're just not old enough!

It is a long time since I was a twentysomething but I am familiar with them.

Last week I was lucky enough to attend the launch party for the new CD by Neverending White Lights, "The Blood and the Life Eternal."

Track 14 , "Last Of The Great Lovers," features Sune Rose Wagner of the Raveonettes.

img_album.gif

You can listen to it here: http://www.muchmusic.com/music/firstspin/neverendingwhitelights/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here