Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Setanta on Freeview

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Currently broadcasting free to air showing Celtic v Hearts highlights. Is something wrong with the system?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Currently broadcasting free to air showing Celtic v Hearts highlights. Is something wrong with the system?

nope think over the summer it's free and when the season starts you can have 3 months for a tenner or something..

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It does show some games live/free.

They've been showing live french egg-chasing over the weekend.

It's all free......well don't pay for it ever anyway. Plenty of key generators available on the net. Just google freeview key gen or similar and hey presto.

Works with the fanny channel as well (although watching baseball is far more entertaining....apparently!! ???)

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Cool, something decent to watch instead of the house of lunatics on Channel 4!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Well that didn't last long, it went encripted about 5 mins beore the end of the match. Bollocks!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's all free......well don't pay for it ever anyway. Plenty of key generators available on the net. Just google freeview key gen or similar and hey presto.

Works with the fanny channel as well (although watching baseball is far more entertaining....apparently!! ???)

Free baseball? Is there some free baseball going?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Yep. You could do that. But it won't be free for long if you do because the channel will go out of business.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Boo f***ing hoo!

In fact good! Then the games will go back on to Sky which I already pay for.

It won't coz it only went to Setanta to stop Sky having the monopoly on the sport in the first place didn't it?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It won't coz it only went to Setanta to stop Sky having the monopoly on the sport in the first place didn't it?

So if Setanta go to the wall like they OBVIOUSLY will because they've decided to use a technology that is easy to fudge. Who will take up the games they have paid for?

BBC wouldn't be able to afford it, ITV unlikely. Is there anyone else who might have the financial clout?

To be honest I don't see the difference in paying Sky, Setanta, Dave' TV station to watch the games, by spreading it across two broadcasters all you're doing is making people pay more money.

I see sky have dropped their PPV games for next season, I assume it's these games that Setanta bought? Will they being doing similar to the PPV season ticket sky have done for the last few years or is it a monthly subscription type thing?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
setanta is a monthly subscription in much the same way as Sky so no pay per view.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
So if Setanta go to the wall like they OBVIOUSLY will because they've decided to use a technology that is easy to fudge. Who will take up the games they have paid for?

BBC wouldn't be able to afford it, ITV unlikely. Is there anyone else who might have the financial clout?

Virgin Media.

Anyway, as Sky aren't allowed a monopoly, another company could get rights for 1p if the circumstances were right.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

To be honest I don't see the difference in paying Sky, Setanta, Dave' TV station to watch the games, by spreading it across two broadcasters all you're doing is making people pay more money.

I see sky have dropped their PPV games for next season, I assume it's these games that Setanta bought? Will they being doing similar to the PPV season ticket sky have done for the last few years or is it a monthly subscription type thing?

Yep. No consequences at all then of stealing this coverage.

Piracy like this was among the reasons ITV Digital went to the wall, with codes for free coverage placed on the internet (possibly by an, ahem, competitor) hitting the subscription levels significantly.

Oh boohoo as you put it. Well, the upshot is no competition for Sky, putting the clubs in a much weaker bargaining position and consequently unable to attract the same money for the rights.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yep. No consequences at all then of stealing this coverage.

Piracy like this was among the reasons ITV Digital went to the wall, with codes for free coverage placed on the internet (possibly by an, ahem, competitor) hitting the subscription levels significantly.

Oh boohoo as you put it. Well, the upshot is no competition for Sky, putting the clubs in a much weaker bargaining position and consequently unable to attract the same money for the rights.

Well if they choose to use a technology that is VERY easy to "steal" (as you put it) then what do they expect people to do?

If people can get away without paying for something they are going to do it...it's human nature!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Well if they choose to use a technology that is VERY easy to "steal" (as you put it) then what do they expect people to do?

If people can get away without paying for something they are going to do it...it's human nature!

"Steal" is how the courts would put it too. So I would be careful how much you boast about it on internet chat forums.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
"Steal" is how the courts would put it too. So I would be careful how much you boast about it on internet chat forums.

Oooooooh what you going to do?? Tell teacher on me??

As I've already mentioned on this thread I have sky therefore any channels I have I pay Mr Mudoch for the privilege.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Personally I'm not going to do anything - just offering the friendly advice that publicly telling people how to do something illegal is probably not that sensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here