Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Setanta lose more Premiership games

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Setanta still have the IPL rights I think, so I might stick with them for that and then bin them off.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Lets hope the FA start to think about their decision regarding the FA Cup and England, and strip them of it. Then the bastards can go bust :)

setanta is shit and should never have been given the pleasure of showing the best league in the world on there lowly load of bollox channel. terrible comentators and poor coverage. sky do a much better job than any other channel and the majority of matches should remain on that channel. however i do think that the bbc do the best international and fa cup coverage.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
going to get about 400 games a year on sky with premiership, football league champions league etc. Can't see sultana being able to compete with that

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Lets hope the FA start to think about their decision regarding the FA Cup and England, and strip them of it. Then the bastards can go bust :)

They can obviously pick and choose who shows the FA Cup but they have no control over away England internationals as it is the host nation's decision who they sell the rights to.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Shitanta could find itself in financial difficulties as people cancel en masse when they find out they are losing 50% of Live Prem matches shown on the channel. Having won the rights to show 23 games at 5.15 on a Saturday the logical path is to get these matches on a channel which becomes part of the Sky sports packages so they receive a small fee from Sky for each subsciber taking Sports.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Setanta's coverage of the BSP is great.

Not for the fans it isn't, do you want to watch a game on a Sunday evening...then have the kick off delayed because the TV channel isn't ready to start transmitting due to the previous show over-running. I understand that the clubs get the massive sum of 5k for the TV rights, which in the present climate could mean the difference between staying afloat or going under...but it has got to the point where fans sing abusive songs about Setanta during live games...I guess they filter that sound out, so it isn't heard by the viewing public.

Setanta = :tosser:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Just seen this. Makes our need for £40/60 million seem quite feasible!

"Setanta seeks £159m in new funding
Monday, February 9 2009, 15:12 GMT

By James Welsh

Setanta has appointed the Close Brothers merchant bank to raise approximately £159m in new funding.

The sports broadcaster, which lost a package of Premier League live rights to Sky last Friday reportedly plans to use the funds to buy the rights to some games back under a sublicensing arrangement.

The Premier League only awarded Setanta one package of 23 games in each of the 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons in the bidding round."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here