Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Setanta lose more Premiership games

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Appears that Sky have outbid them for one of the packages they currently have, meaning Setanta will only have one of the six packages of rights from 2010 - that's 23 games a season.

Seriously, who is going to pay for that?

I currently get Setanta through lack of choice but I don't think it's worth it now, let alone with HALF as many live games.

Lame

BBC NEWS | Business | BSkyB wins Premier League rights

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Try to cancel your Setanta subscription, though - they make it very hard to....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Setanta still have probably the best time slot though - late Saturday afternoon, which I think is usually starting around when you get home from the match? Is the extra package Sky have won the Monday evening timeslot?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I've not found it reported yet which package they have lost.

Clearly Setanta aren't keen to publicise it.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
They're f***ing terrible. I can't respect any presenter/news reader or pundit that doesn't wear a tie, undoes about 3 buttons on their shirt, sits with their legs crossed and refer to people by their nickname; Macca etc.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
They're f***ing terrible. I can't respect any presenter/news reader or pundit that doesn't wear a tie, undoes about 3 buttons on their shirt, sits with their legs crossed and refer to people by their nickname; Macca etc.

Personally I never trust a man in a tie.

Lineker never wears a tie

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Setanta still have probably the best time slot though - late Saturday afternoon, which I think is usually starting around when you get home from the match? Is the extra package Sky have won the Monday evening timeslot?

Monday Night Football returns home to Sky. And it has been sadly missed thanks to Setanta having it. But Sky will always will be the masters of producing top class football drama such as Keegan over the top rant at Manure and Fergie here it is again.

[yt]nW8p8xppxwA[/yt]

WELCOME HOME. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Haha, wondered how long it'd take you to show up Kev

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bollocks, I thought F.A would scrap TV football and make ALL football games 3 o clock on a Saturday.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

A saturday game that kicks off at 3pm usually finishes around 4.50pm, the Saturday evening game normally kicks off at 5.15pm, where do you live ? In Withdeans car park !!! :lol: (I think your theory would apply to a limited few)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here