Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously though, it's all good fellas...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Some of you need to leave your personal grievances with players behind. I mean, I love Barnes, he is probably my favourite player at the Albion but even I can see that Murray offers more in terms of overall ability, and if one striker is being played then it should be him. Barnes isn't a great lone striker, that was demonstrated at Swindon, but he is a great poacher he knows where the goal is, can get in great positions and knows how to finish. But he ain't going to hold the ball up. At home, or on away games shiner teams we should be beating, with the current squad we should be playing 442 with barnes and murray, at away games with should be playing 451 with Murray.

We do have a great squad that has been quietly assembled and top 6 should be achievable, win the next two games at home and that would be a very good sign.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Some of you need to leave your personal grievances with players behind. I mean, I love Barnes, he is probably my favourite player at the Albion but even I can see that Murray offers more in terms of overall ability, and if one striker is being played then it should be him. Barnes isn't a great lone striker, that was demonstrated at Swindon, but he is a great poacher he knows where the goal is, can get in great positions and knows how to finish. But he ain't going to hold the ball up. At home, or on away games shiner teams we should be beating, with the current squad we should be playing 442 with barnes and murray, at away games with should be playing 451 with Murray.

We do have a great squad that has been quietly assembled and top 6 should be achievable, win the next two games at home and that would be a very good sign.

Well balanced post. I think with confidence Barnes will improve, if murray can continue where he left off Saturday, top 6 is no problem, its whether we can squeeze into top 2.

Lualua will provide the ammunition to boost these chances.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

*Whoop whoop* sensible post alert!

Agree with that summary.

That said, I think Barnes is getting better game on game at holding the ball up. He's no loan striker though, as you said.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
4 games in.

We started last season with a 5-0 defeat at Gillingham.

A lot can change.

Fair enough, a lot can change.

For now, thanks for beating the scummers this evening.

Lets hope normal service is resumed for you Sat.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

yep, Barnesy is my favourite player too!

I was thinking 4-4-2 like Poyet stated we would do if we got a left midfielder in...

----------------Ankergren----------------

Calderon-----Greer-----Elphick-----Painter

Bennett----Kishishev---Sparrow----LuaLua

----------Barnes---------Murray----------

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
yep, Barnesy is my favourite player too!

I was thinking 4-4-2 like Poyet stated we would do if we got a left midfielder in...

----------------Ankergren----------------

Calderon-----Greer-----Elphick-----Painter

Bennett----Kishishev---Sparrow----LuaLua

----------Barnes---------Murray----------

You are The Wizard/ NF9

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I know a striker who's scored 36 goals in 73 starts and 14 substitute appearances, all at league one level. Does this count as a proven scorer at this level?

His name..............

Glenn Murray

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
He has no ability as a lone striker. OPINION (but quite hard to argue against).

Have to disagree (OPINION) although I like Murray and would much rather we played 4-4-2 at home anyway, I think Barnes is much better at holding up the ball to allow time for other players to join in an attack. As I say just an OPINION.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here