Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously the premiership is about to go pop

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
How ironic that this all comes in the week of Sky Sports News 10th anniversary :laugh: I hope the Prem crumbles and the foriegn owners go bust.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised that more of you aren't chomping at the bit to see whether oil-rich Manchester City can break into the exclusive Top 4!?

In terms of foreign ownership, bankrolling a football club is a luxury pastime so if the crunch really begins to bite you'd think many will withdraw back to their core business.

However, the TV money is still there and because other foreign leagues will also suffer in these times of hardship surely even more stars will gravitate to where the money is, i.e. The Prem.

There are only a handful of clubs that are profitable, and even those don't represent much of a Return on Capital Employed. The mega-rich will surely find a better way of making money unless, as with Abramovich, the whole thing is a personal ego trip.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Wage figures across Europe (£):

England 1,440 million, Spain 822 million, Italy 722 million, Germany 620 million, France 619million.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I see that are now saying that Abramovich has only loaned his money to Chelsea so they now owe him in excess of £500m.

If he wants it back then they will be in serious financial trouble.

Not to the same extent but I remember Greg Stanley getting interest on the money he supposedly "gave" to the Albion.

I no longer take an interest in the Premiership, not done for a few years now. The more multi billionaires take over clubs the more it wil drive me away from football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here