Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seriously,if we lose to Preston..........

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The great Cornholio`s post is the most sensible thing said on NSC all week, should be a sticky at the top! I like many others havent agreed with MMs selections decisions etc but overall he`s fantastic and we are oh so lucky to have him. People are so fickle. Get behind the team! Stop being so dramatic.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Great Cornholio said:
I really don't understand why people persecute themselves so much. Supporting a football team is supposed to be fun - you are supposed to enjoy yourself. I was gutted by the defeat on Tuesday and then forgot about it come Wednesday morning. I will look forward to Saturday and, if we lose, will look forward to Monday. We have been in far, far worse situations than losing a couple of games to teams we should have beaten.

It's very sad that people get so worked up about things over which they have little or no control. Support your team, the management and the board. If things go really pear shaped, then start jumping up and down. But being near the bottom of the league is not pear shaped - the bookies are rarely wrong and reckon that's where we will finish according to them. Too many people believed the "mid table" hype when we actually paid money for a couple of players. This season was never going to be anything other than a battle for 4th from bottom. Other teams spent money - and lots more of it than us in most cases.

I don't agree with McGhees recent team selections but I can't change it. I will debate it but not get so wound up about it that it consumes my every waking thoughts. Chill out people! :smokin:

Thing is people have become acustomed to feeling sorry for themselves supporting this club especially as three promotions in three years have rather spoilt some people especially the newcommers.

It's this attitude of self pity that's annoying of a lot of supporters from other teams and it's time some people accepted the fact that's it's a minor miracle that we're even still in existance let alone punching way above our weight at this level.

Heap abuse on previous administartions by all mean but take a reality check with those who are here now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Great Cornholio said:
I really don't understand why people persecute themselves so much. Supporting a football team is supposed to be fun - you are supposed to enjoy yourself. I was gutted by the defeat on Tuesday and then forgot about it come Wednesday morning. I will look forward to Saturday and, if we lose, will look forward to Monday. We have been in far, far worse situations than losing a couple of games to teams we should have beaten.

It's very sad that people get so worked up about things over which they have little or no control. Support your team, the management and the board. If things go really pear shaped, then start jumping up and down. But being near the bottom of the league is not pear shaped - the bookies are rarely wrong and reckon that's where we will finish according to them. Too many people believed the "mid table" hype when we actually paid money for a couple of players. This season was never going to be anything other than a battle for 4th from bottom. Other teams spent money - and lots more of it than us in most cases.

I don't agree with McGhees recent team selections but I can't change it. I will debate it but not get so wound up about it that it consumes my every waking thoughts. Chill out people! :smokin:

Dont be rediculous

Whoever said supporting a footbal club is good for your health? Every football fan I have ever met thinks that his/her team is crap/lazy/full of overpaid primadonnas/lacking ambition/lacking talent - his/her teams owners are in it for the money/dont care about the fans/want the ground for development/dont communicate with the fans - his/her teams manager is useless/clueless/relys on friends for transfers/ illiterate/out of touch with the fans.

It is just football!

For my twopennyworth,however I wind people up and they take me too seriously , I think MM is an excellent manager if a tad eccentric, DK is a decent chairman, the team is an average side with no real sparklers ( apart from Jakey and I am a great admirer of tank) and our fans on the whole are supoportive although we have our fair share of " I am a better fan than you cos I give more moeny to the club than you"

At the end of the day, players , owners, managers come and go, yet true fans remain. That is why if we ended up in the conference I would still go. Simple As

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
skintboy said:
Seriously,if we lose on saturday... 1 point from 5 games would start leaving us with a mountain to climb...

Good job we've already got 2 points then.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:
Davey Jones :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Would he bring his own locker and have a coaching team of Peter Tork, Mickey Dolenz and Mike Nesmith???

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Preston are a very good side. I can't see how pressure should build if we lose to them.

If we lose to Plymouth at home, then yes, it will really start to get a bit twitchy, but not the Preston game.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bhaexpress said:
Heap abuse on previous administartions by all mean but take a reality check with those who are here now.

Why, did they get the fan's support by promising £2million for new players, and comeup with f*** all? :censored:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
We are entering a part of the season where we did quite well last season beating Preston and Leicester then a draw at Watford. We then lost 2 on the trot then won 2 on the trot then another draw.

Though I'm not going to start worrying yet, I feel we need to pick up at least 1 win over the bank holiday and perhaps a draw. 4 points will be great, 2 draws would be OK in my opinion as well.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
There will be good runs and bad runs, like most seasons. At some point we'll string a few good wins together and play-offs will be mentioned :rolleyes: even the Ginger Prince mentioned the P word last season!

We're not going to do a Stockport (when they were relegated by the middle of September -- well maybe a little later -- a few seasons back), but of course we will skirt with relegation again, and my fingernails will be non-existent come May.

But what do you expect supporting this club - mid table mediocrity? No chance!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here