Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question to all the tory supporters celebrating tonight.

Yoda

English & European
Why do you think it will be better under Cameron and do you honestly see it happening?

PS, for my stand on it, my take on the Tories is this:
I think they do a fantastic job at my local level, but just do not trust them in control of the country after what I had to put up with growing up.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sensible people running the economy/country end off!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Sensible people running the economy/country end off!

What he said. Labour spend too much and then leave someone else to deal with the debt problems. Thank god Cameron knows what he is doing and will sort this mess out.

And Cameron is English. :laugh::clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What he said. Labour spend too much and then leave someone else to deal with the debt problems. Thank god Cameron knows what he is doing and will sort this mess out.

Well, only partly.

"The son of stockbroker Ian Donald Cameron ... His father was born at Blairmore School near Huntly in Scotland.[7] ... The Cameron family were originally from the Inverness area of the Scottish Highlands.[10]"

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Why do I think it will be better?

Because I expect an end to the creeping increase in state control and influence, so a decrease in the ridiculous number of pieces of petty legislation. I also expect increased personal freedom AND personal responsibility.

I'm looking for trust - for us to be able to trust the government, for the government to trust us and for all of us to trust each other.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I am no tory but I have a hope that the Conservatives needing Liberal Democrat support will lead to good government.

Mr real reservation is Osbourne. And the Tories talked about Tony's Cronies. Aye Carumba.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Why do you think it will be better under Cameron and do you honestly see it happening?

I think they do a fantastic job at my local level, but just do not trust them in control of the country after what I had to put up with growing up.
What did you have to ' put up with ' growing up ?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Exactly my thoughts. When I left school the Tories where in power. We where in a deep recession and I could not find a job. They then decided to charge me poll tax. I refused like millions of others.

Then my dad lost his job. House prices crashed. NHS was on its knees. They privatised the railways. Lets not forget all the coal mines they closed down before this. Lets not forget the amount manufacturing jobs they lost.

This is what I remember of the last conservative goverment so at the moment I just don't trust them.
And to top it all of we where all told "To get on our bikes and find a job"

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Amoungst other things, it gives me hope that we now have two leaders running the country that have been professional enough to put aside petty bickering for the good of the country. That alone inspires me to believe we're entering a more grown up and intelligent period of politics - something like the hope the Obama win brought to the USA and the world.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire

As somebody said in the run up to the vote,the man has never even run a whelk stall.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I voted Tory because I wanted a leader who would tackle our nationl debt and try to sort out the huge wastage that our country has be paying the lazy people to stay at home and not earn a living. I hope they reduce benefits and force people out to work
I hope they remove the benefits of the NHS and free money to foreign citizens who are just rinsing us of our money. If they work and pay in to the government then they should be entitled to those benefits, if not they can leave and scam off someone else

Sadly I don't think that a Tory/Lib Dem joint government will have anywhere near the required clout and the next 5 years maybe just as bad as under labour.

They should go for a re-election and get full power otherwise it will be their worst and most pointless term in goverment

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I voted Tory because I wanted a leader who would tackle our nationl debt and try to sort out the huge wastage that our country has be paying the lazy people to stay at home and not earn a living. I hope they reduce benefits and force people out to work
I hope they remove the benefits of the NHS and free money to foreign citizens who are just rinsing us of our money. If they work and pay in to the government then they should be entitled to those benefits, if not they can leave and scam off someone else

Sadly I don't think that a Tory/Lib Dem joint government will have anywhere near the required clout and the next 5 years maybe just as bad as under labour.

They should go for a re-election and get full power otherwise it will be their worst and most pointless term in goverment

No BNP candidate in your constituency,then ?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Ignore.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Easy, the bloated public sector will be cut back as has been needed for years. This would have normally lead to lower taxes, but now due to the miss-management by Labour, it will at least stop debt rising and reduce the need to increase taxes.

Not only that, but we get rid of a f***ing jock c unt as PM.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
A message to all the many Tory xenophobes out there - you do realise that Clegg is half Dutch don't you? I mean, not only is that not English, it's not even British... You've let Johnny foreigner into government throught the back door... :ohmy:

:clap:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
A message to all the many Tory xenophobes out there - you do realise that Clegg is half Dutch don't you? I mean, not only is that not English, it's not even British... You've let Johnny foreigner into government throught the back door... :ohmy:

:clap:

No problem, I quite like the dutch - at least they are a fellow protestant nation like England, and not largely Catholics like the jocks.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
No problem, I quite like the dutch - at least they are a fellow protestant nation like England, and not largely Catholics like the jocks.

South of the rivers where I live they are primarily Catholic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here