Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question; how do you negotiate pay?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Does your company want to pay you more in order to keep you? Or could you be easily replaced?

PLease don't ask this Kay. Not in this instance anyway. :lolol:

What you can do is go into a meeting with your manager or boss armed with figures from the economy. No pay increase or an increase below the rate of inflation amounts to a cut in wages effectively. Ask them how can they value you as an employee when they're cutting your wages?
You might not get the pay you expect or deserve but it shows initiative.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Adrie - are u going to be working in Sussex area? What is your degree in?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With one exception, the only times I ever got a worthwhile payrise was when I handed my notice in.

Same as. My last one wasn't a salary increase though. I'd found another job and said I was leaving so my present company offered to buy my annual season ticket (I pay tax on it) saving me nearly £400 a month!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Same as. My last one wasn't a salary increase though. I'd found another job and said I was leaving so my present company offered to buy my annual season ticket (I pay tax on it) saving me nearly £400 a month!

I never knew North Stand F block was so expensive.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I never knew North Stand F block was so expensive.

Funilly enough, when I first suggested to my boss that they pay for my season ticket, he genuinely thought I meant football. :lolol:

Oh, and it's South Block D if you don't mind.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Not always easy, by try to convert what you do in to a ££ figure of profit that you bring to your company. Working out what you cost is quite easy but if you can come up with some cretitable figures of revenue you generate or costs you save by what you do at work, all you need then do is ask your employer to split this with you. Should come accros and reasonable and sincere.

Then look for another job .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here