Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious question - did we need to build the Falmer Stadium?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I mean, it took 14 years, no-one else in Sussex wanted it, and after a while our campaign got so embarrassing. Sending flowers to that fat two Jags bloke, and marching on the Labour conference as if that would achieve anything and I'm not alone in this.

We got four promotions at Withdean, including three championships, and people say we wanted a new ground just so as they didn't get their hair wet. Bollocks.

We have achieved NOTHING since we got to the Amex, and we're now 11th (from being top last year :facepalm:). It's not as though we can ever fill the Amex completely anyway - it's so embarrassing. Aren't you annoyed?

etc.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If I hadn't of looked properly I would have thought Ernest hade written this, my opinion is your either a Palarse supporter or completely mentally deranged and bereft of any common sense or general reasoning at all.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I agree :moo:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
If I hadn't of looked properly I would have thought Ernest hade written this, my opinion is your either a Palarse supporter or completely mentally deranged and bereft of any common sense or general reasoning at all.
Or you've missed the joke.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yeah this new ground (if you can really call it that) is a complete joke, I mean I don't think I EVER heard a complaint about beer queues at Withdean.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I mean, it took 14 years, no-one else in Sussex wanted it, and after a while our campaign got so embarrassing. Sending flowers to that fat two Jags bloke, and marching on the Labour conference as if that would achieve anything and I'm not alone in this.

We got four promotions at Withdean, including three championships, and people say we wanted a new ground just so as they didn't get their hair wet. Bollocks.

We have achieved NOTHING since we got to the Amex, and we're now 11th (from being top last year :facepalm:). It's not as though we can ever fill the Amex completely anyway - it's so embarrassing. Aren't you annoyed?

etc.

slow day today?

No, you're right you know.

As from next Saturday I will be taking every opportunity BOO the stadium, I will BOO my pie and pint, and may even BOO the toilets when having a leak.

BOO. etc etc.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

As from next Saturday I will be taking every opportunity BOO the stadium, I will BOO my pie and pint, and may even BOO the toilets when having a leak.

BOO. etc etc.

I had my first POO at The Amex last Saturday, and am disappointed to note that there was no STRAINING BAR in the men's khazis. I thought Tony Bloom claimed to have thought of everything, Tsk Tsk.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

BOO. etc etc.

You're going on Saturday? I thought everyone was joining the boycott of Falmer, you need to keep up.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
When we were playing at withdean, sellhurst looked like the theatre of dreams. Last night it looked very different, especially with no catering, rubbish seats, empty seats, toilets in the basement. And, of course , we let our feelings be known. Your perspectives certainly do change when you have a great home.

Last night I kept thinking about what it would be like at falmer next year, with loads more seats and noise. It was rocking vs Newcastle, hope we can do the same on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here