Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Serious disturbance in Enfield right now

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
scaled.php

Shame they didn't get the real villain who nicked the subway from Penge High street. Looked up and down for it on Friday and it's gone, GONE I tells ya ! It was there this time last year :(

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I saw it in the 80's in Peckham,... the mob was escalating by confronting the police, you could see further back groups standing outside the record and electrical stores.... when it got messy at the front line, the looters just piled in, nicked everything then legged it,... nothing to do with any political or social issue.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Interesting how the media always call it "looting".

It's STEALING, ffs. In fact, assuming the premises are closed at the time, it actually constitutes burglary, which could warrant a prison sentence.

I don't care what someone's gripe with society is, half of the stuff this weekend is nothing more than greedy, cowardly, thieving toerags masking their faces and looking for things to steal. It's shameful, and it's not even as though they're going after just the giant chainstores. They're robbing small, local shops too, for crying out loud. Run by local people from the Tottenham area who've probably worked their butts off half their lives for little reward, only for gangs of utter pondlife to smash their way in and help themselves to the contents of the shelves.

This.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

It's STEALING, ffs. In fact, assuming the premises are closed at the time, it actually constitutes burglary, which could warrant a prison sentence.

I think looting is actually a separate offence, if I recall correctly, it can lead to longer sentences than normal burglary.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sadly, people have been predicting a summer of discontent for some time, whether to do with the economic situation, unemployment levels, students or whatever, and it's inevitable that large numbers of people will use something that they have absolutely no connection with as an excuse to smash things up, steal and lob whatever they can lay their hands on at police officers.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I don't care what someone's gripe with society is, half of the stuff this weekend is nothing more than greedy, cowardly, thieving toerags masking their faces and looking for things to steal. It's shameful, and it's not even as though they're going after just the giant chainstores. They're robbing small, local shops too, for crying out loud. Run by local people from the Tottenham area who've probably worked their butts off half their lives for little reward, only for gangs of utter pondlife to smash their way in and help themselves to the contents of the shelves.

So it would be okay if they just went for Sir Philip Green's stores?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think looting is actually a separate offence, if I recall correctly, it can lead to longer sentences than normal burglary.

Never heard of it myself.

Burglary- to enter a building or part of a building as a trespasser with intent to steal (amongst other things) or, having entered a building or part of a building as a trespasser, steals.

Which pretty much covers it, I'd say.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Someone give the Syrians a shout, they'd know how to deal with a crowd like that!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
lets hope some rozzers get hurt, and the rude boys get there heads cracked.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So it would be okay if they just went for Sir Philip Green's stores?

Not at all, I think it's all despicable, but I know some people tend to think it's a victimless crime if it's "only" large companies that get robbed, so I was trying to make the point that local shopkeepers (who almost certainly can't afford for their livelihoods to be wrecked) are impacted by all this as much as HMV or Sainsbury's or Aldi.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Shame they didn't get the real villain who nicked the subway from Penge High street. Looked up and down for it on Friday and it's gone, GONE I tells ya ! It was there this time last year :(

Typical of the police keeping away from the trouble areas and nicking little kids

SeagullAA

Dec 19, 2005
Police horse lorries in Tesco

Just read Enfield is very tense, but calm. Hundreds of teenagers and curious onlookers. Roads closed.

Attachments

• eyhir.jpg
    eyhir.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 508

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here