Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter - It Cant Be True.... Can it?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
You have got to be kidding me!!! :eek:

I'd be straight onto deed poll personally

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Apparently Sapp Blatter's wikipedia page was vandalised. It just happened that the Website of the President of South Africa was writing a story about Mr Blatter at the same time, and... hey presto, they copy the vandalised name straight from wikipedia!

[edit] - just been told the above is bollocks - apparently it is true!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
A quick google suggests it is - or, at least, it's quite widely believed. Not on official FIFA stuff or wikipedia though.

Marvellous name.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
That's flippin marvellous, but surely isn't true, is it!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surely that's wrong. Sepp is not his name, it's an abbreviation of Josep. If that's not true, I can't see that Bellend's true (much as I want it to be)

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Apparently Sapp Blatter's wikipedia page was vandalised. It just happened that the Website of the President of South Africa was writing a story about Mr Blatter at the same time, and... hey presto, they copy the vandalised name straight from wikipedia!

[edit] - just been told the above is bollocks - apparently it is true!

are you sure that's bollocks? i just googled his name and this came up first:

Sepp Blatter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joseph "Sepp" Bellend Blatter (born 10 March 1936) is President of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). He was elected on 8 June 1998, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepp_Blatter - 1 minute ago - Similar

probably a cached version of the page because there is no reference to 'bellend' on the actual wiki page. your original hypothesis seems pretty feasible to me...

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I heard this earlier in the week and assumed it was true. A great bit of rough justice for the money grabbing, game spoiling, techonology dodging bell-end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here