Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Bladder gives advice to gay football fans

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
But it's not illegal to drink in Qatar.

And they have already said that they will relax the drinking rules for the WC.
It's also illegal to co-habit out there if you are not married.
Both can be done.

I was out there a month ago as my girlfriends Dad lives there.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
My money's on Ronaldo.

Definitely.

cristianoshopREX_450x684.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fifa don't give a toss about the homosexual issue. Plenty of examples of crass homophobic behaviour from footballing owners/managers/players with no response from FIFA. Hell, racism gets a paltry fine. Homoseuxality is low on the agenda.

Ronaldo, that would not surprise me in the slightest.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There's nothing that the odious, corrupt Toad comes out with that surprises me. I hope this latest crap is another nail in the coffin for him & his loathsome cronies.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Just listening to five live and they brought up the old chesnut is homophobia still prevelant in football; to which the panelist replied "only a few of weeks ago at the Woking-Brighton game......" Honestly, we ought to invite every radio presenter in the land down to the any Albion game because we can GUARANTEE 100% some chants (all witty and original) will be so. That way they can all speak with authority that it is when this national debate comes around every year / bi-year. Why o why don't footballing authorities do something when year after year the evidence is there at every game we play. But then you only had to listen to Sepp Blatter and his dinosaurs answering the question at the fifa conference to hear all the laughing and sniggers in the background to know they're not serious. Honestly, it was like 1st year biology class when you get round to sex education. But these are all grown men. Supposedly......

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just listening to five live and they brought up the old chesnut is homophobia still prevelant in football; to which the panelist replied "only a few of weeks ago at the Woking-Brighton game......" Honestly, we ought to invite every radio presenter in the land down to the any Albion game because we can GUARANTEE 100% some chants (all witty and original) will be so. That way they can all speak with authority that it is when this national debate comes around every year / bi-year. Why o why don't footballing authorities do something when year after year the evidence is there at every game we play. But then you only had to listen to Sepp Blatter and his dinosaurs answering the question at the fifa conference to hear all the laughing and sniggers in the background to know they're not serious. Honestly, it was like 1st year biology class when you get round to sex education. But these are all grown men. Supposedly......

Indeed. Are those well-worn chants at us any better or worse than singing about bin-dipping for the scousers or tractors for Norwich.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Indeed. Are those well-worn chants at us any better or worse than singing about bin-dipping for the scousers or tractors for Norwich.

Homophobic chants are against the law. The others aren't!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to the pack page of the Grauniad today there is a gay player who is of extremley high profile - apparently who, if declared the fact "could" almost single handedly change the face of homophobia in football.

El Hadj Poof?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fifa don't give a toss about the homosexual issue. Plenty of examples of crass homophobic behaviour from footballing owners/managers/players with no response from FIFA. Hell, racism gets a paltry fine. Homoseuxality is low on the agenda.

Ronaldo, that would not surprise me in the slightest.

FIFA talk loudly about a legacy from every World Cup. If by taking it to Qatar it highlights the fact that racism, sexism and homophobia are rife in that part of the World and there is some reduction in every respect before, during and after the Cup...then it will have been worth it...however, I really can't see it happening myself.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
alcohol is an abomination and anyone who imbibes is condemned in the eyes of mohamed, peace be upon him.

what's that? we can have the world's greatest sporting event here? we'll make a killing. who wants a pint?

pathetic.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
O.K, openly gay Albion fan here. Here is my verdict. When I heard the comments I wasn't offended. After all, it wouldn't be advisable to be openly gay in a middle eastern country. However, Im not sure why the issue was raised, and in an area where homosexuals are openly persecuted, it's best to say nothing rather than make jokes. But it's Sepp Blater...you have to factor that in.
As regards homophobic chanting. Well the definition of homphobic chanting is a bit misty here. I am not offended by chants of 'does your boyfriend know youre here' as I am smug in the knowledge that he does-and thanks for enquiring.... I find some gay chanting witty by default, simply because it is so tiresome and born out of old neanderthal instinct. I actually feel sorry for the poor souls who engage in it. I'm actually offended by the 'f**k your women and drink your beer chants...I'm shocked that is accepted as the norm. It's demeaning.
I know real homophobic chanting when I hear it-because as a gay man I feel the venom. It's rare. However, people with such undeveloped brains are part of a wider cultural problem. The problem in football is that it seems to attract a lot of brain dead twats full stop- and I don't want to be singled out as the poorest recipitent of their bile, just to create an excuse to show that football is cleaning up it's act. I can fend for myself. They are c**ts whoever they abuse. It's the sticks and stones that worry me..............

Sep 1, 2010
O.K, openly gay Albion fan here. Here is my verdict. When I heard the comments I wasn't offended. After all, it wouldn't be advisable to be openly gay in a middle eastern country. However, Im not sure why the issue was raised, and in an area where homosexuals are openly persecuted, it's best to say nothing rather than make jokes. But it's Sepp Blater...you have to factor that in.
As regards homophobic chanting. Well the definition of homphobic chanting is a bit misty here. I am not offended by chants of 'does your boyfriend know youre here' as I am smug in the knowledge that he does-and thanks for enquiring.... I find some gay chanting witty by default, simply because it is so tiresome and born out of old neanderthal instinct. I actually feel sorry for the poor souls who engage in it. I'm actually offended by the 'f**k your women and drink your beer chants...I'm shocked that is accepted as the norm. It's demeaning.
I know real homophobic chanting when I hear it-because as a gay man I feel the venom. It's rare. However, people with such undeveloped brains are part of a wider cultural problem. The problem in football is that it seems to attract a lot of brain dead twats full stop- and I don't want to be singled out as the poorest recipitent of their bile, just to create an excuse to show that football is cleaning up it's act. I can fend for myself. They are c**ts whoever they abuse. It's the sticks and stones that worry me..............

Seconded! or This or whatever it is i am meant to say to agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here